Peloton Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone with an older Peloton spend the $350 required for their latest monitor setup?

·
Registered
120 Posts
not a gen 1 owner but i think $350 to upgrade is to much!
full price is $750., Peloton can do better than 50% off

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a gen 1 owner but i think $350 to upgrade is to much!
full price is $750., Peloton can do better than 50% off
Agree.
Pricing it the way they did, would create more of a reason to upgrade to the latest equipment. Much like what smartphone companies do by also cutting off certain products from updates after some time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Agree.
Pricing it the way they did, would create more of a reason to upgrade to the latest equipment. Much like what smartphone companies do by also cutting off certain products from updates after some time.
It still makes sense to stay Gen 1 w/upgrade. I just wasn't expecting the upgrade to be $350.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It still makes sense to stay Gen 1 w/upgrade. I just wasn't expecting the upgrade to be $350.
Do you actually know any Gen1 owners?
Some friends of mine were quick to upgrade to Gen2 and that seems to be what many have done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine in 11/2016. It came with a Gen 2 monitor. This latest build update released in late April 2020 will not install...i contacted Peloton, and they said I have to replace the monitor because its an older Gen 2. Anyone else having this issue? I'm kind of upset, as I also purchased the extended warranty, which JUST expired 2/2020 and now this...

·
Registered
41 Posts
My bike's not that old so I haven't seen that. Is your bike still working OK but it will no longer receive any software updates? It is pretty normal that for tech products older ones will stop getting updates after a while but in the case of Peloton you're paying them a subscription fee each month and I would expect that your subscription should allow you to benefit from all the new features.

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
That's annoying since you're paying them $500/year already. I would keep trying customer support. Sometimes you get lucky and fine one who is particularly generous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was able to update all the way up until this latest one, so yes, everything is still working for now... I am more concerned with what this means for the future ... and yes, the fact that I pay the subscription should mean I could get the updates... its just SUPER disappointing that they are now saying that SOME Gen 2 screens have to be upgraded, when before it was just Gen 1...

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's annoying since you're paying them $500/year already. I would keep trying customer support. Sometimes you get lucky and fine one who is particularly generous.
Thanks, I will. I have asked to speak with a supervisor. They said a 48 hr callback window...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts