Peloton Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you use Peloton Digital in general, and how do you use it to track your heart rate onto Peloton?

Please tell me about the FTP TEST.

3rdly: is there a users manual that comprehensively explains all these functions?
Thank you.
Oh yes, maybe I’m lame, but how do you use this forum? I get very few responses to my questions. And, I do not know where I find all my posts such as under my profile like other forums.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
456 Posts
How do you use Peloton Digital in general, and how do you use it to track your heart rate onto Peloton?

Please tell me about the FTP TEST.

3rdly: is there a users manual that comprehensively explains all these functions?
Thank you.
Oh yes, maybe I’m lame, but how do you use this forum? I get very few responses to my questions. And, I do not know where I find all my posts such as under my profile like other forums.
Thanks
Hello and welcome!

1) The most common way to use the app is on a mobile phone but you can also use it on a tablet or computer. There are also various options to cast workouts to a TV if that's of interest. Once you download it, log into your account, select a class and go. It's very useful to have an Apple Watch or other Bluetooth enabled heart rate monitor paired to your phone to track heart rate and use GPS to track distance if you're exercising outside.

2) FTP stands for Functional Threshold Power and it's a test that lasts 20 minutes and is to measure an estimate for how much output (power) on the bike you could maintain for one hour. Once you have established your FTP, it is used to provide your own personal Power Zones for Power Zone classes. As your fitness improves, you can re-take the FTP test and will see improvement. Here's a little more info.

3) There are user manuals for the Bike and Bike+ here.

4) If you click on your profile image in the upper right and then click "My Profile" you'll get to your profile page. If you then click on "My Activity" you can see all your posts.

Hope that helps!
Stefon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome!

1) The most common way to use the app is on a mobile phone but you can also use it on a tablet or computer. There are also various options to cast workouts to a TV if that's of interest. Once you download it, log into your account, select a class and go. It's very useful to have an Apple Watch or other Bluetooth enabled heart rate monitor paired to your phone to track heart rate and use GPS to track distance if you're exercising outside.

2) FTP stands for Functional Threshold Power and it's a test that lasts 20 minutes and is to measure an estimate for how much output (power) on the bike you could maintain for one hour. Once you have established your FTP, it is used to provide your own personal Power Zones for Power Zone classes. As your fitness improves, you can re-take the FTP test and will see improvement. Here's a little more info.

3) There are user manuals for the Bike and Bike+ here.

4) If you click on your profile image in the upper right and then click "My Profile" you'll get to your profile page. If you then click on "My Activity" you can see all your posts.

Hope that helps!
Stefon
👍thank you so much, Stefon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts