Peloton Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny title I know - but I have a question. I just completed my hundredth ride with my peloton bike. I’ve gradually been getting better and better. I’ve had a couple 45 min rides where I had over 1,000 kj and a 400 watt avg. I’m 6’4” / 200 lbs. before the bike I was running 7/8 miles a day. I’ve taken very well to the bike - but a buddy of mine is questioning my numbers. He said he’s never seen anyone average 400 watts. Here is my ride details

I’m tempted to go to a buddies house and do a ride - but I think my numbers are legit. My power to weight ratio is 4.2.

anyone out there that can help me! Haha
Do my numbers look insane? I ride very hard and feel like I’m pushing 100%. I’d like to believe they are real. But I’m no expert.

·
Super Moderator
511 Posts
Nice work! Your numbers definitely could be legit. I ride with some guys who are really good athletes and some of them many of them are able to break 1K on a 45 minute ride. I'm not quite that high but I think I could get there.

There is variance in bikes, especially the 1st gen - much less on the bike+ since it is supposed to auto calibrate digitally. I rode a couple of times in the studio in NYC and one of the bikes there was a lot harder than my home bike.

You could try your friends bike to confirm but even if calibration is a little off those are some awesome numbers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow!! I think your numbers are likely to be legitimate and even if they are off by, say, 30 average then 370 would be incredible too. Your numbers are not going to be wildly off so you are likely to be a naturally great cyclist. Bradley Wiggins could ride over 450 average watts for an hour so your output is within the realms of possibility (I.e. You are not claiming a world record here). Definitely I would go to a buddies house to prove myself. Out of interest, what are your running times? Do you have any running PBs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts