Peloton Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny title I know - but I have a question. I just completed my hundredth ride with my peloton bike. I’ve gradually been getting better and better. I’ve had a couple 45 min rides where I had over 1,000 kj and a 400 watt avg. I’m 6’4” / 200 lbs. before the bike I was running 7/8 miles a day. I’ve taken very well to the bike - but a buddy of mine is questioning my numbers. He said he’s never seen anyone average 400 watts. Here is my ride details

I’m tempted to go to a buddies house and do a ride - but I think my numbers are legit. My power to weight ratio is 4.2.

anyone out there that can help me! Haha
Do my numbers look insane? I ride very hard and feel like I’m pushing 100%. I’d like to believe they are real. But I’m no expert.

·
Super Moderator
432 Posts
Nice work! Your numbers definitely could be legit. I ride with some guys who are really good athletes and some of them many of them are able to break 1K on a 45 minute ride. I'm not quite that high but I think I could get there.

There is variance in bikes, especially the 1st gen - much less on the bike+ since it is supposed to auto calibrate digitally. I rode a couple of times in the studio in NYC and one of the bikes there was a lot harder than my home bike.

You could try your friends bike to confirm but even if calibration is a little off those are some awesome numbers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts