Peloton Forum banner
  • Hey, everyone! Check out our Horizon 7.0 AT Giveaway HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not one to really gripe about how far up or down I am on a leader board but today I noticed someone whose profile has him at 60 and he finished a 20 minute ride at 988 output. Really curious on this. Could this really be legit?
I'm not one to really gripe about how far up or down I am on a leader board but today I noticed someone whose profile has him at 60 and he finished a 20 minute ride at 988 output. Really curious on this. Could this really be legit?
Being a retired engineering type, I see several ways to do this:
Bike was recalibrated via the software / electronics.
Wheel is being driven by mechanical means, electric motor or the like.

I don’t understand the motivation to do this as you are only cheating yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm am surprised that 60+ female riders feel a need to cheat to be on top of the leader board. A rider posted over 2,000kj output and average resistance of 79 for a 60 minute endurance ride. Maybe she's vying for a pro tour contract!

·
Super Moderator
586 Posts
I doubt anyone is really doing 988 output in 20 minutes. There are many pro athletes riding Peloton and they don't touch that kind of output. Sounds like a juiced bike to me. I don't pay too much attention to those outliers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SLMspinner is a cheater. In April 2022 she had barely a 100 output on rides. As of July she is number one on leaderboards and it shows here riding at 100% resistance. Someone needs to protect the integrity of the leaderboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts