Peloton Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My goal is to loose weight and tone my legs. Yes, I do find endurance very boring I have to say.... holding something for 4-5mins I start to find those mins drag. I am going to try more strength and bootcamp to help with my loss. I need to get back strength in my arms and tone my core..... reading this back.... I am a mess :)
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Adam, Thanks for the advice, especially as this is an old post!! 900 on 45! Wow - that is super impressive.... you're a machine!

I am still struggling I have to say and never achieve high outputs. I think during the ride - no mater what my resistance, I have never got into the 200 range. My max resistance - in the seat is 45-50 and out of the seat 50-55. So really not improving and I am no where near by PB that I managed to get once.... I am constantly 20-30 points behind PB, so I must be doing something wrong as within 10mins of a ride, I am so far behind PB (the figure it says you need to reach it again) that trying to catch that up becomes my challenge.... it's not working for me!

I looked at my exported stats and out of 196 cycle classes (excluding strength and running etc) - I have only had 24 that have an output of between 250 and 351 (only 3 in the 300 range) and they were 6 months ago.
Truly is depressing I have to say as I am very strong and very motivated and every day I get on the bike or run.... no matter what and if tired - I will still do 15-30 mins of something. It's crushing.

Your idea to try 100 in 5 mins is a good idea - I will try that. Thank you again for the advice and the confidence :)
Your welcome! Compartmentalize into minutes...push yourself to the limit for a minute and really try for 10 then 15 then 20 then 2 minutes...your teaching your body to sprint...forget about the rest of the ride and set little goals for yourself :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just an FYI, it is possible to manage your PRs under the Profile Settings. At one point my 30 min PR was from Robin’s old Hamilton ride from 2016 and for whatever reason that ride was 31 or 32 minutes long and the extra minutes made it impossible to catch. I changed the setting so it would exclude that ride by setting the date to a date after when I took it. I still don’t PR very often but at least I feel like I’m competing against myself from the last 6 months and not a year ago.

I also love using mPaceLine to track my progress, great app that keeps track of everything and makes very pretty graphs!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you.
OMG Gabster, I just found this discussion because I googled why I can't get the output everyone else seems to so I completely feel your pain. I used to take 4-5 hour long spin classes at the gym before Covid (and thought I was in pretty damn good shape) but for the past year, my output has stayed relatively slow. I cannot get to 200 to save my life and it's so frustrating. I feel like my bike must not be calibrated right or my seat isn't in the right place or something! I'm sorry that I don't have any advice, but please know that you're not alone!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Oh Wow - I am sorry to hear that you too are struggling but I am selfishly pleased to hear that I am not alone in this! I still cannot achieve a higher input, no matter what I do. I rarely beat my PB or even get near to it. I contracted Long Covid and so my "everything" has dropped - my levels, my strength, my output, my ability to run 2kms, with walks in between (I used to run 5kg very easily in 30 mins and was improving) etc. so getting your message today really did make me feel that tiny bit better.
Keep going and keep trying and if you find something that works - please do share it with me :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts