Peloton Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right before our Peloton showed up, I busted my big toe on my left foot. At the time I didn't realize how bad it was until a week later. I started doing scenic rides to ease into getting use to the bike. By the end of the week, my big toe was swollen from being infected. That sidelined for 5 weeks.

When the doctor finally gave me approval to get back on the bike, I started with some more scenic rides. A couple days later I decided to take a chance on a class. Little did I know that I started with an advanced beginner. Boy was that a challenging class. After that I figured out the classes and changed to the beginner classes with Kendall and loved it. Since then I've been jumping around the beginner classes with different instructors. I've tried another advanced beginner and liked it. but not fully ready for it.

Not sure about everyone else, but I've found the low impact classes to be less challenging than most of the beginner classes. I wish there were longer beginner classes that bridged the gap between beginner and advanced beginner. Right now I am still not ready for 30 minutes and out of the saddle. Another suggestion would be to set level ratings on the different levels. I.E. Beginner-low. Beginner-intermediate, Beginner-high. Low impact - low, low impact-intermediate, low impact-high. I have noticed the label intermediate on some classes.

Anyways I am loving my Peloton.

Jason from RI

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome Jason! You seem to be on the right track. One suggestion is to modify the guidance the instructor gives a bit. If the Advanced Beginner rides seem too hard, modify the ride a bit by going below the recommended cadence or resistance. I've been riding a while and I still mix in the low impacts as I find my body needs time to recover properly so I can't do hard rides every day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts