Peloton Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my bike+ in February of 2021, after a few months and having peloton fix a few issues with the bike, it started making a clicking sound from the front wheel. After sending them a video, they said the bearing needed replaced and sent out someone to change it. This was in May of this year. I just got on the bike this morning for a ride and noticed it started making the clicking sound again. How is it possible that 2 front bearings have needed replaced this quickly. Is the bearing they are using a total POS or not rated for the loads that it's seeing on the bike. If that's the case this is going to be a continual issue with this bike and after seeing how many people have had to have their replaced, I'm starting to think it's a design issue. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the front bearing with a better quality one, i'm still within warranty, so even though they would fix it again for free, I can see this being a wear item on the bike and i'm not spending another $30 plus shipping every couple months to replace this bearing once out of warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my bike+ in February of 2021, after a few months and having peloton fix a few issues with the bike, it started making a clicking sound from the front wheel. After sending them a video, they said the bearing needed replaced and sent out someone to change it. This was in May of this year. I just got on the bike this morning for a ride and noticed it started making the clicking sound again. How is it possible that 2 front bearings have needed replaced this quickly. Is the bearing they are using a total POS or not rated for the loads that it's seeing on the bike. If that's the case this is going to be a continual issue with this bike and after seeing how many people have had to have their replaced, I'm starting to think it's a design issue. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the front bearing with a better quality one, i'm still within warranty, so even though they would fix it again for free, I can see this being a wear item on the bike and i'm not spending another $30 plus shipping every couple months to replace this bearing once out of warranty.
Hi there i have the same issue mine was replace 3 times and the 4th time they replaced the whole bike. Ride this new peloton bike for maybe atleast 30 to 40 rides. Now same issue again bearing make some clungking noise again this peloton products nothing but lemon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh this is disappointing. My bike was delivered Feb 12th 2021 and the bearing failed immediately. I hadnt ridden it since May, just started again and after 2 rides it failed again. Shame on Peoloton for using such crappy components give the exorbitant cost for the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.