Peloton Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not believe all the hype. Peloto’s customer service is worst in class. Having waited six weeks for my bike I was eager to get started. After final assembly and set up the screen showed an error. My wife and I phoned and emailed Peloton but could not get through to anyone. Literally no replies!!!! On one occasion we waited for 90 minutes but nobody to answer. Internet blogs indicated our error code meant we need a new machine. We could not cope with another lengthy delay. Nor do we want to experience such appalling customer service. Incredibly cancelling was simple and they will collect the bike within one week. We will buy a Watt Bike instead - goodbye Peloton...........

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm having issues with my 2018 bike. Touch screen froze and is now unresponsive. Their chat and phone was both prompt and helpful, but ultimately they want me to pay $400 for a refurbished replacement when the issue is a hardware defect. Totally unacceptable.

So while their customer service was decent for me - their corporate policies are making it hard for me to love the brand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my tread 16 March 2021, in Stratford Ontario. The two installers were not nearly equipped to carry the tread up the porch stairs never mind the indoor stairs. I had to find straps for them and help them. Masks were the first thing to go as they struggled with the box.

I would have been fine with all that if the treadmill had been assembled properly. They only put in one of the two fasteners for the monitor. Naturally, after a couple of runs the monitor had vibrated so much it had nearly come completely loose. After exploring a little I discovered that the second fastener had not actually been put in. Clearly this could not have been an honest mistake: the two holes were a couple inches apart. The picture below tells the story:

If one of the fasteners had been left out of the packaging, then I would expect the installers to tell us and send one as early as possible. Instead they said everything was good to go and left.

Now I have a hunk of machinery that will rattle apart after running a few miles. The support team has only responded with the usual: "Due to increased demand, it may take longer than usual for us to get back to you". For how much they charge the service is absolutely appalling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do not believe all the hype. Peloto’s customer service is worst in class. Having waited six weeks for my bike I was eager to get started. After final assembly and set up the screen showed an error. My wife and I phoned and emailed Peloton but could not get through to anyone. Literally no replies!!!! On one occasion we waited for 90 minutes but nobody to answer. Internet blogs indicated our error code meant we need a new machine. We could not cope with another lengthy delay. Nor do we want to experience such appalling customer service. Incredibly cancelling was simple and they will collect the bike within one week. We will buy a Watt Bike instead - goodbye Peloton...........
Sorry to hear! But 6 weeks? You're a lucky one! I waited 12 weeks (with 2 no-show deliveries) and just got my bike 2 days ago....HOWEVER, being relentless, I was able to work with Customer Service...which resulted in 300.00 in discounts off my bike, 3 months of free app for the family now that the bike is here, and 2 free pairs of Peloton cycling shoes. So the last 3 months have sucked....but now that the bike is here, the delivery guys were in my house for no more than 10 minutes and I have 5 rides under my belt....I love the app, the rides the entire experience,. The Bike+ was every bit as good as described.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having issues with my 2018 bike. Touch screen froze and is now unresponsive. Their chat and phone was both prompt and helpful, but ultimately they want me to pay $400 for a refurbished replacement when the issue is a hardware defect. Totally unacceptable.

So while their customer service was decent for me - their corporate policies are making it hard for me to love the brand.
Ugh that sucks! So its out of warranty I'm assuming that's why they want you to spend it? I think it would be hard to prove that it's a defect, if the bike is now 3 years old though. I don't know many brands of "anything" that will do free repairs or replacements after 3 years. I just hope mines lasts! This is a little scary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts