Peloton Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to figure out how to resolve disconnection issues with Apple Watch's on the Bike+? We have had the bike for a week now. I have an Apple Watch 2 and my wife the 3. During a 45 minute workout, my watch will disconnect on average 4 times. I can reconnect but certainly is a pain everytime as i'm working out.

I have all new updates for phone, watch and Bike+. I was instructed by Peloton to remove the iphone app and reinstall as well as shutdown the Bike+, unplug for 60 seconds and turn back on. All have done nothing to resolve the connection issues. For specific details, when my watch disconnects I will hold it up and try to connect, it was say 'invalid passkey' but then when i click OK and do it again it connects fine. Again, 4 times have to do this in a 45min workout. Same for my wife's watch so know it's not just mine.

Anyone have suggestions? Is this a common issue? Searching google this is not discussed much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you know of anyone with a newer Apple Watch to see if a more current model works better? I know it’s a generic answer, but worth a try.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone been able to figure out how to resolve disconnection issues with Apple Watch's on the Bike+? We have had the bike for a week now. I have an Apple Watch 2 and my wife the 3. During a 45 minute workout, my watch will disconnect on average 4 times. I can reconnect but certainly is a pain everytime as i'm working out.

I have all new updates for phone, watch and Bike+. I was instructed by Peloton to remove the iphone app and reinstall as well as shutdown the Bike+, unplug for 60 seconds and turn back on. All have done nothing to resolve the connection issues. For specific details, when my watch disconnects I will hold it up and try to connect, it was say 'invalid passkey' but then when i click OK and do it again it connects fine. Again, 4 times have to do this in a 45min workout. Same for my wife's watch so know it's not just mine.

Anyone have suggestions? Is this a common issue? Searching google this is not discussed much.
I just encountered this for the first time.

I just encountered the same problem. Try going to device settings, recalibration and run the recalibration routine (takes ~30 seconds). That fixed it for both me (Apple Watch SE and my wife who has an S3).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let us know whether the above solved your issue. No further connectivity issues on my end. 😊
This did it!! Running the re calibration allowed it to connect and actually does not disconnect any more. I had contacted Peloton and they told me it was a widespread issue and were working on a firmware update. Regardless, this has solved everything for me. Thank for the information and fix!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know of anyone with a newer Apple Watch to see if a more current model works better? I know it’s a generic answer, but worth a try.
Have you tried shutting off your watch by pressing the small button on the right side of the watch. The watch will reboot after you turn it back on. This worked for me. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts