Peloton Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a Bike+ to replace our old Peloton and I'm dismayed to find they've lopped quite a bit off of the vertical adjustability of the handlebars.

I'm 6'3" and on the old bike I'd ride at the "L" setting of handlebar height. The Bike+ only goes up to "I" now, which is a lot of missing letters. I rode for 5 minutes and found this new lower height to be very unergonomic and uncomfortable.

Anyone know why Peloton decided to do this? Has anyone found a workaround (e.g. an extender of some sort) for this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I double checked and on the old bike I actually keep it on "STOP", which is about 6" higher than what the Bike+ allows for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to Peloton and we just had a Bike+ delivered last week which also goes to O like pictured. I find it very hard to move the handlebars up and down which just does not seem smooth. My problem is when I tighten the screw as much as I can there seem to be a small wobble in the handlebar. Is this to be expected or am I missing something about getting it set up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New to Peloton and we just had a Bike+ delivered last week which also goes to O like pictured. I find it very hard to move the handlebars up and down which just does not seem smooth. My problem is when I tighten the screw as much as I can there seem to be a small wobble in the handlebar. Is this to be expected or am I missing something about getting it set up?
There are 3 hex/allen key screws at the base of the handlebar. I had to tighten all 3 of those to get the handlebar to stop wobbling. 4 rides later they were slightly loose and I had to tighten them again.

As for the adjustability, it turns out there's something wrong with my handlebars and with the small cap located on the bottom side (near the USB Type C plug above the wheel) prevents the handlebars from pulling out completely. I had to fix it by removing the cap, which unfortunately allows the handlebars to be pulled too high, but that's better than the alternative.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts