Peloton Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is 2 years old and I’ve been riding 4-5x week for over 40 weeks straight and suddenly the bike won’t connect to WiFi and more importantly is unable to find any networks....not even my phone hotspot. No other WiFi issues in the house. Kids are gaming and zooming 24/7 without issue. Tried static reset or whatever it’s called, powered off and on a millions times, rebooted house WiFi, and did a factory reset of the touchscreen. Looking like we will need a new monitor for $750 unless anyone has any other tips. Customer service is no help........ugh!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if it is not an issue with your router directly and it’s not brand new it’s more than likely an internal wiring issue. These are very hard to fix and outside of hiring someone to come in and pull the screen apart and risking breaking it further not much can be done. You can try calling a computer repair store that can come out and take a look and see if they can do anything with it. Something probably burned out or malfunctioned. This may be cheaper though than replacing the entire screen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE-powered off and on, static reset, and factory reset and left bike alone for an hour. When I came back and turned on the touch screen my WiFi networks were there!!!! It was a Christmas miracle. 2 days of patience and perseverance paid off. It was def stuck in an update that’s couldn’t finish for some reason. Updated as soon as it connected to my WiFi. Just rode with Aly Love. All is right again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if it is not an issue with your router directly and it’s not brand new it’s more than likely an internal wiring issue. These are very hard to fix and outside of hiring someone to come in and pull the screen apart and risking breaking it further not much can be done. You can try calling a computer repair store that can come out and take a look and see if they can do anything with it. Something probably burned out or malfunctioned. This may be cheaper though than replacing the entire screen.
It’s fixed! Kept powering it down and doing static resets and then finally attempted a 3rd factory reset and that one worked! I think it didn’t finish an update for some reason and crashed. Maybe a power surge. Not sure. Anyway it’s fixed and I’ve been able to ride without issue!

·
Super Moderator
343 Posts
It’s fixed! Kept powering it down and doing static resets and then finally attempted a 3rd factory reset and that one worked! I think it didn’t finish an update for some reason and crashed. Maybe a power surge. Not sure. Anyway it’s fixed and I’ve been able to ride without issue!
Glad to hear it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts