Peloton Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the pep-talk. I have a tech appointment this week so hopefully this will provide some clarity. We have 2 bikes -- one was easier than the other. The harder one was the one that was replaced by the Bike + and now it is just ridiculously hard. On the old bike my watts for a 30 minute ride would be 150 - 170 depending on the class and my effort. Now I cannot get past 118 watts for a 30 minute class and that is biking as hard as I can. And I realize this is not even a real world problem! Its just annoying to me because I started out at the end of 2017 completely out of shape and worked my way up to a good fitness level.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the pep-talk. I have a tech appointment this week so hopefully this will provide some clarity. We have 2 bikes -- one was easier than the other. The harder one was the one that was replaced by the Bike + and now it is just ridiculously hard. On the old bike my watts for a 30 minute ride would be 150 - 170 depending on the class and my effort. Now I cannot get past 118 watts for a 30 minute class and that is biking as hard as I can. And I realize this is not even a real world problem! Its just annoying to me because I started out at the end of 2017 completely out of shape and worked my way up to a good fitness level.
Your fitness level hasn't changed, just the bike metrics! First thing I did when I got my Bike+ was to rebase all my PRs and take an FTP test to rebase all my Power Zones. Forget about the past - look ahead! Sounds like you've come a long way! Be proud!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in hearing how your tech appointment goes; I hope you will post. We have had problems with the Bike+ calibration also. Initially, I though it made sense. For the first month, while output was consistent with the old bike (and seemed accurate since it tracked with calories burned), the resistance levels I had become used to over 3 years were lower. While that was odd, it allowed me to use Auto Follow. On the old bike I always had to be about 10 points higher than what the instructors called out, I was now always in the range. I thought this must be because resistance was personalized - my wife's 40, for example, was easier to pedal than my 40. Frustratingly though, Peloton support had no idea whether that was the case - phone, chat, email, and Twitter support all passed the buck to each other and are still promising to get me an answer. Strange.

All that said, while it was frustrating not to know how it worked, I really liked Auto Follow and was loving the Bike+. The real problem popped up last Friday. Out of nowhere, the resistance levels got much easier. So now I can't use Auto Follow because I have to be above the instructors' resistance ranges. I've tried resetting, unplugging, recalibrating and nothing works.

Anyway, good luck with your tech appointment. I hope they get it fixed!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts