Peloton Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've read the article. Unfortunately for me, I don't own $800 power meter pedals. It is not useful for what I am talking about because you can see that the highest he hits is around 350kj. That tells me that he isn't riding at very heavy resistance, and if he is, he isn't pushing it incredibly hard as we do at times. if you are avid and own power pedals, I'm sure you've seen your outputs get way above 350 at times when on a ride. We ride heavy as a group, and that is what I think is completely jacked up.

The article doesn't get into is the accuracy of the resistance, not the actual output itself. I'd love to see power pedal measurements of someone jogging at 80 or 90 resistance. At similar cadence and resistance, my output is actually higher on the Bike+ than it was on the Gen3 - I have video and pictures to prove it. A 55 resistance and 100 cadence is about 15% higher output. The reason believes the resistance is off by a percentage is that at lower resistances/easier rides, I can nearly mimic what I could do on the Gen3 - let's say a 45min scenic ride where I'm doing HR intervals of 50 resistance, 70 cadences, and then spin up to 55 resistance 100 cadences. That's fine. But anything over that, and it immediately feels l like the wheel won't even turn. I've thought about getting power pedals..."it can't be me, it's got to be the bike!"

I also would have thought there would be A LOT more forums and complaints if it was that far off. Maybe it's the style at which we ride - some of our rides we finish around 80avg resistance - and we can't do that anymore. People who ride at lower resistance wouldn't notice much of a change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let us all know when you buy and try the power pedals!
Lol - we'll see. I'd need to get into outdoor biking. Right now, I like to "crush myself" for 30 minutes and get back to work.

One of the reason I'm interested is that two of our group - about 25 guys - did get the Bike+. They seem to have the same outputs as before. The one guy in our group "wins" rides, though, so it's not surprising. 6'7", strong legs. He averages about 625kj on 30-minute rides. Numbers haven't changed. I found it strange that mine would drop 30-50%. Maybe I need to eat my Wheaties. The person who got the replacement bike never came back to say how it was. Maybe if they aren't complaining, it actually helped? ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Y
Have had our new Bike+ for a few days (had the previous model for ~3 years) - my output on the Bike+ is much lower than the older model. I used to train with a minimum resistance of ~50 however '50' on the Bike+ is MUCH MUCH harder - a new '50' is like an old '70'.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in resistance - I have re-calibrated twice with no change.

Thanks, Dennis
Yes, this just happened to me too. I was challenged when riding at 75% but then with the recent Firmware update, I'm struggling at 55%. has anyone figured this out?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts