Peloton Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My teenager started to use the Pelaton but stopped because the seat is soooo uncomfortable. Can anyone recommend a replacement seat that fits a Pelaton? We ordered one off Amazon but it doesn't fit the seat mount style of the Pelaton bike. Help!

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
One thing you could try first is a gel seat cushion. Here's a Schwinn one that Peloton recommends. Does your teenager already have good padded cycling shorts? That's a key and it stops hurting after a week or two. Long-term you are better off staying with the current seat.
Many Peloton users rave about the Komfy seat cushion. How to Make the Peloton Seat More Comfortable

·
Registered
3 Posts
I liked this AceList Peloton seat so much that I bought one for myself as well as a smaller one for my daughter. I like how smooth the material is and how simple it is to install! I examined the physical characteristics and was impressed by the thickness of the silicone sponge cushion, which is the primary reason for its comfortable surface. Not only that, the memory and gel foam provides comfort, while the lycra fabric absorbs the moisture to make it dry all the time and make it more breathable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I liked this AceList Peloton seat so much that I bought one for myself as well as a smaller one for my daughter. I like how smooth the material is and how simple it is to install! I examined the physical characteristics and was impressed by the thickness of the silicone sponge cushion, which is the primary reason for its comfortable surface. Not only that, the memory and gel foam provides comfort, while the lycra fabric absorbs the moisture to make it dry all the time and make it more breathable.
Welcome @patrickwise! Is this the seat you're referring to?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad to see a raving review from an owner here. But do you find yourself adjusting the strap often to ensure the cushion doesn't move around? I have seen some reviews that say it can be an issue. Also what color and size did you get?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The seat is brutal. IDK if it's because it's a stationary bike, but Dang, I never had hinny pain while riding outside. I put some serious miles in when I rode outdoors. I'm trying to tough it out to acclimate. It's uncomfortable to the point of hindering performance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
very comfortable

·
Registered
4 Posts
How High Should Your Bike Seat Be? This allows you to maintain good posture when biking. To determine whether you have the correct saddle, your heel should graze the pedal in the 6 o’clock position once the pedal is at the lowest position. To get the right fore/aft saddle position, your knee must be above the pedal spindle once the crank arm is in the 3 o’clock position. Your comfort level also depends on the correct top tube and stem length. There are different ways to set your bike seat height properly so you can be more comfortable and at ease when riding on your bike without worrying about sore muscles and bike fatigue: Holmes method, heel method, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts