Peloton Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just received out Bike today and my wife is having trouble clipping out. She couldn't get out so she had to just leave the shoes clipped in. Is there a way to get the shoes clipped out using just our hands. I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5 Posts
We just received out Bike today and my wife is having trouble clipping out. She couldn't get out so she had to just leave the shoes clipped in. Is there a way to get the shoes clipped out using just our hands. I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!
It's easier to clip out while wearing the shoe when the pedal is at the bottom 6 o'clock position. If it's already off grab the heel and twist away from the bike with some force and it should come loose. Here's a video that may be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ydO2WZ4sI

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks!
Hi. On the bottom center of the peloton pedals is a setting to loosen/tighten the connection between the cleat on your shoe and the pedal. You will see a plus (+) and minus (-) where you need to insert an Allen wrench. Turn the wrench counter clockwise to the minus and keep retrying clipping in and out until you achieve the “grip” that works!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had that happen alot in the beginning and I just twisted with my hands and shoe came loose. I clipped in for years on road bike without issue so I am guessing Peloton bike peddls are really tight? I used loosened them re-advice above and that helped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The pedals have an adjustment screw, it requires a small allen key, give it a few twist to loosen the spring and it should be pretty easy to clip out. Also ensure your clips are adjust towards the ball of your foot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. On the bottom center of the peloton pedals is a setting to loosen/tighten the connection between the cleat on your shoe and the pedal. You will see a plus (+) and minus (-) where you need to insert an Allen wrench. Turn the wrench counter clockwise to the minus and keep retrying clipping in and out until you achieve the “grip” that works!
It should not be this hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am about ready to send the bike back. It should not be this hard to clip out of the bike! Nobody should have to keep adjusting the cleats or pedals. They should just clip out. I have been riding road bikes for two decades and have never had an issue until this Peloton bike and Peloton shoes. It seems like a design issue!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am about ready to send the bike back. It should not be this hard to clip out of the bike! Nobody should have to keep adjusting the cleats or pedals. They should just clip out. I have been riding road bikes for two decades and have never had an issue until this Peloton bike and Peloton shoes. It seems like a design issue!
So you should be well aware that you could easily change the pedals to one's you are more familiar with and can easily operate properly. You do not need to" keep adjusting"...just do it until its acceptable and then leave it alone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So you should be well aware that you could easily change the pedals to one's you are more familiar with and can easily operate properly. You do not need to" keep adjusting"...just do it until its acceptable and then leave it alone.
Yes, I am well aware and am planning on changing the pedals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts