Peloton Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends , bought a bike+ recently and noticed left to right vibrations and shaking when going at high speeds. Tech came and tighten all screws but problem still exists.
The only remedy is to lower the screen but that would make riding uncomfortable.

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m on day 2 of my bike+ after having the original bike for over 2 months. I felt this problem right away - the screen vibrations are crazy especially if you’re not holding the handlebars. Reached out to support and they said the handlebar may need replacing - checking the technician availability now but this is pretty odd! I first thought it was the stabilisers, did you notice they now have only 2 each instead of 3 on the old bike which was rock stable..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be curious about what Peloton does to fix if anything. I saw this if I try to get to 120 and assumed this was just because I am a big guy. As a new rider, I am far from smooth in my peddling, and 120 is not really in control for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello friends , bought a bike+ recently and noticed left to right vibrations and shaking when going at high speeds. Tech came and tighten all screws but problem still exists.
The only remedy is to lower the screen but that would make riding uncomfortable.

Thoughts ?
Interestingly, no one from Peloton seems to acknowledge this issue. I had a technician out to my house yesterday and he made no mention of this. I’ve had multiple chats and conversations with Peloton, again nothing. I finally went to a Peloton store today and the woman said this most definitely happens with the bike+, due to the rotating screen. Have you heard anything further from Peloton?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interestingly, no one from Peloton seems to acknowledge this issue. I had a technician out to my house yesterday and he made no mention of this. I’ve had multiple chats and conversations with Peloton, again nothing. I finally went to a Peloton store today and the woman said this most definitely happens with the bike+, due to the rotating screen. Have you heard anything further from Peloton?
100% my experience as well. This issue is a lot more widely spread than the public seems to be aware of. I know people who returned their Pelotons because it was that shaky. I never had that issue with the Peloton at the gym, which is the commercial version. The at-home version is hands down shaky and the technician who came tweaked a few screws and quickly left after he realized i wasn't buying his assurances everything was fine. You reach out to Peloton and they act as if they have never heard of this issue. Hands down, the commercial Peloton is a more stable, durable machine than what they sell retail consumers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Bike+ was delivered Friday, and I definitely notice the play in the bars. It's not a deal-killer, but I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Definitely sounds like something is off. Have you made sure your leveling feet are truly in full contact with the floor? Sometimes they look like they are, but they're actually floating. I've had my Bike + for 2 months now, and I have no shaking or rattling, and my top speed has been like 120-130 cadence.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I totally agree. I had an old spin bike and it didn’t have any movement. This bike+ shakes a lot left to right when I stand up to ride so much that if I look at the screen I get dizzy. I seriously thought they installed the feet incorrectly but I can’t see anything wrong with the feet. I did read the original bike had three stabilized feet and this one only has two on front and back.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've seen several posts on this issue. Some have found that just tightening three bolts where the handlebars meets the shaft did the track. For others who were persistent with Peloton support, Peloton sent out a technician and ended up replacing the sleeve and/or handlebars. Handlebars shouldn't shake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Peloton Bike Plus vibrates WILDLY. It feels completely unstable. Lots of talk about technicians coming to help - that would be nice. How can we get one of those? Are the delivery people supposed to help stabilize the bike? What are folks' experience with that? Our delivery people took off the plastic and were gone in 30 seconds. No stabilizing. Been trying to contact Peloton and they are probably sick of my complaining. I asked for a technician or another delivery crew to help - they said they would email me tips after watching our video of the bike shaking. Pretty sure we are going to have to return this bike as we are within the 30 day return period (after waiting 2 months for delivery) as we cannot believe how unstable this bike is and how badly the screen shakes. We didn't get their tread plus due in part to the shaking screen so shouldn't they be telling people how bad it is with the bike plus?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Peloton Bike Plus vibrates WILDLY. It feels completely unstable. Lots of talk about technicians coming to help - that would be nice. How can we get one of those? Are the delivery people supposed to help stabilize the bike? What are folks' experience with that? Our delivery people took off the plastic and were gone in 30 seconds. No stabilizing. Been trying to contact Peloton and they are probably sick of my complaining. I asked for a technician or another delivery crew to help - they said they would email me tips after watching our video of the bike shaking. Pretty sure we are going to have to return this bike as we are within the 30 day return period (after waiting 2 months for delivery) as we cannot believe how unstable this bike is and how badly the screen shakes. We didn't get their tread plus due in part to the shaking screen so shouldn't they be telling people how bad it is with the bike plus?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just had the Bike+ delivered, and it is a complete engineering failure. The screen shakes wildly back and forth. It is dizzying. We have tightened the 3 hex screws on the handlebars. We have checked and re-adjusted the stabilizer feet over and over. We have also turned the bike over made sure the hex screws that secure the bike to stabilizer bar are tight. The problem is that the whole frame flexes back and forth while pedaling. Peloton simultaneously made the screen a lot bigger and heavier AND removed some of the stabilizer feet (there are 6 on the original bike and only 4 on the Bike+). I am pretty sure we are going to send it back and go either I the original bike or more likely the incredibly stable Soul Cycle bike. A whole team of engineers should be fired over this. From what I can tell, Peloton customer service is not acknowledging a hugely widespread problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just had the Bike+ delivered, and it is a complete engineering failure. The screen shakes wildly back and forth. It is dizzying. We have tightened the 3 hex screws on the handlebars. We have checked and re-adjusted the stabilizer feet over and over. We have also turned the bike over made sure the hex screws that secure the bike to stabilizer bar are tight. The problem is that the whole frame flexes back and forth while pedaling. Peloton simultaneously made the screen a lot bigger and heavier AND removed some of the stabilizer feet (there are 6 on the original bike and only 4 on the Bike+). I am pretty sure we are going to send it back and go either I the original bike or more likely the incredibly stable Soul Cycle bike. A whole team of engineers should be fired over this. From what I can tell, Peloton customer service is not acknowledging a hugely widespread problem.
Ah I should add there are THREE things the engineers did that made the Bike+ wobble and shake: they put on a much bigger and heavier screen, they removed two of the six stabilizer feet, and they narrowed the stabilizer bars (on the ground) from 24 inches to 22 inches. Really, really shocking. Think hard and try pedaling fast on Bike+ before purchasing one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just chatted with Peloton support - I received my Bike + a week and half ago, and have the same issue - its bad. To me it's poor engineering. Heavier screen, cantilevered further away from the bike center of gravity, straight instead of elbow armature. Metal seems lighter/weaker and there is less torsional resistance where the neck slides into the sleeve. Removal of center feet.

Everything is level, tight and secured - the three hex screws were loose from the factory, but tightening those didn't make a difference...

Is the Bike + overall lighter than the original? Feels that way to me but don't know.

They want a video to show it, so lets see what they say. If someone received an updated handlebar/sleeve, did it actually do anything?

I may ask for a return. it's bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, bike+ came a few days ago. Had the same issue, and a technician came out. He admitted that peloton knows the bike+ shakes, and they are working on a fix. It has to do with the heavy screen. He said that once a fix has been found, they will contact bike+ owners for the remedy. Don’t know if I’ll hold my breath for this, lol. I may end up returning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My handlebar sleeve was replaced, made no difference (as anticipated). They are coming in 10 days to installed a new handlebar post and handlebar. I've asked if this was redesigned to address the issue, and have not yet received a reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thoughts ?

Thoughts ?
Happened to me too. Just replaced bike + with new one and it wobbles like crazy. Techs cannot fix. Clearly a design flaw. Screen too heavy. My original bike is solid as a rock. Going to return this one and get original

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, bike+ came a few days ago. Had the same issue, and a technician came out. He admitted that peloton knows the bike+ shakes, and they are working on a fix. It has to do with the heavy screen. He said that once a fix has been found, they will contact bike+ owners for the remedy. Don’t know if I’ll hold my breath for this, lol. I may end up returning.
Same issue here. With a replacement!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just chatted with Peloton support - I received my Bike + a week and half ago, and have the same issue - its bad. To me it's poor engineering. Heavier screen, cantilevered further away from the bike center of gravity, straight instead of elbow armature. Metal seems lighter/weaker and there is less torsional resistance where the neck slides into the sleeve. Removal of center feet.

Everything is level, tight and secured - the three hex screws were loose from the factory, but tightening those didn't make a difference...

Is the Bike + overall lighter than the original? Feels that way to me but don't know.

They want a video to show it, so lets see what they say. If someone received an updated handlebar/sleeve, did it actually do anything?

I may ask for a return. it's bad
Was and is my experience as well. Just received delivery of brand new bike+ and it wobbles too. Techs tightened everything and acknowledged that the screen is too heavy for the post and bars. Will ask for return

·
Registered
5 Posts
just had second bike+ delivered to replace the first that had the wobbly screen. Techs tightened everything. We took away the mat. This screen and the handlebars shake and I haven’t even gone on a ride. And screen shakes no matter what the cadence. Techs have acknowledged there is a design flaw. Just emailed support and said this shaking is common prob. I will return if no fix assured. Potential law suit?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.