Peloton Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I share a bike however we require different seats. Is there an easy and quick way to change the seats back and forth?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I haven't seen one. If you got a second seat post from Peloton that might be an option. Probably faster to loosen the screw and swap out the seat and post then change the actual seats.

What are the different types of seats you use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I use a standard size. My wife uses an oversized seat. Just found out that you can purchase the post, slider and weight racks.
• Seat Post - $65 • Seat Slider - $25 • Weight Holders - $12

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
I use a standard size. My wife uses an oversized seat. Just found out that you can purchase the post, slider and weight racks.
Sounds like a good solution!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a standard size. My wife uses an oversized seat. Just found out that you can purchase the post, slider, and weight racks.
Just contacted Peloton. They said they would not allow me to buy a second seat post so I could easily change seats with my wife. They said they would only replace a broken one. No explanation just a terse "we don't allow that" or something like that. I guess I should have lied and told them I broke mine. Typical Peloton customer (not) care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just contacted Peloton. They said they would not allow me to buy a second seat post so I could easily change seats with my wife. They said they would only replace a broken one. No explanation just a terse "we don't allow that" or something like that. I guess I should have lied and told them I broke mine. Typical Peloton customer (not) care.
You may want to consider calling back in hopes of getting another rep who will be willing to sell you the parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may want to consider calling back in hopes of getting another rep who will be willing to sell you the parts.
Honestly, I would have been fine if they had an explanation. I know they were having supply issues and if they simply cannot get enough then that is reality and we will get through it until they can. I wouldn't want to take a seat post from someone that legitimately broke theirs. My problem is Peloton has been an absolute nightmare when it comes to our customer service. Love the classes and the bike so I suppose it is worth it but this is my fourth time needing to contact customer service and my fourth terrible experience. They are growing fast and customer service doesn't seem like it is much of a priority. Once they get you with the classes they know they don't have much competition so people like me will put up with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts