Peloton Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! So I’m putting together a workout routine for my sister because she has weak ligaments. Unfortunately her leg pops out of socket quite often so I wanted to know what easy classes you have all taken that I may be able to start her on without worrying about her getting hurt. It happens quite easily so I’m thinking at least below a 6 level difficulty but there are so many classes to look through. Thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would look for both beginner and low impact classes as they keep you in the saddle and many have a relatively low difficulty rating.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
343 Posts
I agree on the beginner classes and/or low impact. I would also suggest:
1)stay in the saddle if she doesn't feel comfortable standing,
2) modify as necessary - don't worry about keeping up with what the instructor says about resistance or cadence (if possible try to stay in one or the other and
3) do a warm up ride before, cool down ride after and stretch (minimum 5 minutes each).
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! So I’m putting together a workout routine for my sister because she has weak ligaments. Unfortunately her leg pops out of socket quite often so I wanted to know what easy classes you have all taken that I may be able to start her on without worrying about her getting hurt. It happens quite easily so I’m thinking at least below a 6 level difficulty but there are so many classes to look through. Thank you!
Your sister may have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, a syndrome that covers several types of connective tissue disorders, one of which is joint laxity. The types of exercises that someone with this syndrome can initially do are limited and specific.As the muscles around the joint get stronger, the range of exercises can expand. If your sister has this syndrome, there are physical therapists who know about it and should be able to come up with an exercise plan. Some people with this syndrome need to wear braces (knee, elbow, wrist) at times. Doing the wrong types of exercise can exacerbate the problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Definitely check with a Dr. before starting out but assuming they give the green light just take it easy and work up gradually!

·
Super Moderator
343 Posts
Hi Jen, is the bike working out for your sister? Hope so!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts