Peloton Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've just ordered a peloton and am so excited for it to arrive... although I have to wait until June :'(

Total newbie so might be a silly questions, sorry lol.... but ...

1. With the scenic rides, I'm just wondering does the bike give instructions to change the difficulty when you would be going "uphill" etc? Or are you just riding however you set it yourself, with a video to watch?

2. Do you have to keep the bike plugged in to keep your stats saved? Or if you unplug it to move/ store will these be lost?

3. Is the bike easy to move?

4. Is there any content available if you don't have a membership, once the trial ends?

5. For delivery in the UK, do the delivery guys have to set it up for you or is it possible to put together yourself (and are tools provided for this) - would this be difficult to assemble alone? If the delivery guys assemble it, how long would this take approximately?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'll leave it at that for now :) any help appreciated ❤ thankyou :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
1) No. It's just a video to watch while you ride.

2) No. Stats are stored in your account/profile.

3) Yes and no. If you need to move it from one place to another on the same floor, then yes, it has wheels that you can use to roll it. If you're moving it up/down stairs...that's much harder.

4) As far as I know, you will not get any access to metrics, content, or feedback on the screen without a membership. You can still ride the bike and adjust resistance, but you won't get any metrics to tell you where you are. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

5) I can't speak for the UK, but I'm in the US, and the bike was delivered pre-assembled except for the screen, which was attached on in like 3 mins by the delivery crew. The entire physical setup took about 15 mins. Whole setup took about 30-35 mins (with the crew booting up the bike, calibration, helping me setup my info, and explaining the bike/answering questions)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m in the UK, bike comes assembled except the screen which they fitted for us once in place. The delivery drivers go through the basics of how to set your seat etc but couldn’t go through the programmes, it’s pretty self explanatory though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Without a membership, you only have access to Just Ride and Scenic Rides, and I think 3 on demand classes a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I've just ordered a peloton and am so excited for it to arrive... although I have to wait until June :'(

Total newbie so might be a silly questions, sorry lol.... but ...

1. With the scenic rides, I'm just wondering does the bike give instructions to change the difficulty when you would be going "uphill" etc? Or are you just riding however you set it yourself, with a video to watch?

2. Do you have to keep the bike plugged in to keep your stats saved? Or if you unplug it to move/ store will these be lost?

3. Is the bike easy to move?

4. Is there any content available if you don't have a membership, once the trial ends?

5. For delivery in the UK, do the delivery guys have to set it up for you or is it possible to put together yourself (and are tools provided for this) - would this be difficult to assemble alone? If the delivery guys assemble it, how long would this take approximately?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'll leave it at that for now :) any help appreciated ❤ thankyou :)
CallSupport and ask if they have any sooner dates available. I did this, and received the bike+ in 3 weeks instead of 10 weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CallSupport and ask if they have any sooner dates available. I did this, and received the bike+ in 3 weeks instead of 10 weeks.
Yeah I've rescheduled once, from 12th June to 26th May.... keep checking for new slots but nothing, and also called today to ask nicely lol but nothing any sooner at the moment. I check multiple times a day haha 😄 I'm so impatient haha too excited!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m a uk newbie too! Ordered on March 25th, will be delivered on 7th April and can’t decide which room to have it delivered to 😜

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m a uk newbie too! Ordered on March 25th, will be delivered on 7th April and can’t decide which room to have it delivered to 😜
Whaaaaaat! I ordered 10th March and was scheduled for 12th June, only managed to bring it forward to 26th May! As if yours was less than 2 weeks 😭 where in the UK are you? Aww it's good that you're getting it quickly but it's annoying I have to wait 11 weeks, originally almost 14! Like, would I get it quicker if I cancel and re order ....? 🤔

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whaaaaaat! I ordered 10th March and was scheduled for 12th June, only managed to bring it forward to 26th May! As if yours was less than 2 weeks 😭 where in the UK are you? Aww it's good that you're getting it quickly but it's annoying I have to wait 11 weeks, originally almost 14! Like, would I get it quicker if I cancel and re order ....? 🤔
I think there must have been a glitch in the matrix, I’m in Swindon. I put it off so long because of the wait times and then they offered 7th April as the first date. Beyond thrilled and have no idea why but very grateful!

If I look to reschedule the dates are now 17th April, maybe it’s a location thing. Where are you? Also I’ve ordered the standard bike not bike plus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apparently there are some more dates for May that have opened up so you may get something sooner. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apparently there are some more dates for May that have opened up so you may get something sooner. Good luck!
Ahh thanks! I've actually missed a couple of calls yesterday and today and was wondering if it had been them... 😢 hopefully it is and they might try again tomorrow 😍 lol will keep trying to reschedule in the meantime! X

1 - 15 of 15 Posts