Peloton Forum banner

Handlebar issue on the peloton

70K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Analog 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

I am 5"2, and my reach for the handlebar is approx. 1" short... Is there any handlebar extension available on the peloton that anyone can suggest... I cannot be the only person with this problem...

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi. I've seen posts about this before so you're definitely not the only person with this issue. One problem with the Peloton bike in my opinion is that it's not as adjustable as it should be. I'm 6' tall and I have the handlebars as high as possible and the seat as far forward as possible so I'd imagine it would also be a problem for tall people.

A few suggestions:
  • The most obvious is to move the bike seat all the way forward which you've probably already done
  • The next thing would be to slightly loosen the bolts under the seat and move the bike seat as far forward on the rails as possible. If you haven't done this already this may get you an extra half inch to 1 inch more forward. Make sure not to loosen them too much as it's a bit of a pain if the parts come apart. You'll need a 13MM or 14MM wrench for this. Make sure to tighten the bolts well when you're done and make sure the seat is straight as it can shift left to right (not sure why) when it's loose.
  • Some people have tried using pool noodles on the handlebars - a bit of a hack but works for some.
  • There are some aftermarket options out there although I don't have experience with them. This is one that would work although I'm not sure if's available yet. Using it may also void your warranty if you have one.
  • There is a facebook group for shorter riders and I'm sure this has been discussed at great length so if you're on facebook you could join and look through the comments there.
Good luck! Please let us know if any of these suggestions helped!

#6 ·
Thank you so much..... I am going to try it.... I bought a handle bar extender..but it was too small to fit and too short in length..... I am looking forward to trying this out..... with hopes it is slightly more comfortable....... thanks again

#11 ·
Here is a solution for easier reach developed by my startup.
We engineered an EVA foam grip that connects to the Peloton bike handlebar - the "Comfort Grip for Peloton". It helps riders get 1-2" closer to the handlebar and it's easy to rest your hands on the oversized grip rather than squeeze tight. It has helped me sit up straighter (I have back issues) and generally feel more relaxed riding. It's now on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HGGG61C

#12 ·
Tall guy here.. My wrists were sore after rides and was looking for an extension. After some time looking, I put together my own using: 3' x 1.25" oak rod cut in half ($12 at Woodcraft), 11" cable ties ($2 at True value), bar tape ($29 at the local bike shop), and some electric tape. Feels solid and comfortable.

#17 ·
I am 5"2 and my reach for the handlebar is approx. 1" short.... Is there any handlebar extension available to use on the peloton that anyone can suggest.... I cannot be the only person with this problem....
I am 5"2 and my reach for the handlebar is approx. 1" short.... Is there any handlebar extension available to use on the peloton that anyone can suggest.... I cannot be the only person with this problem....
I added and modified my bike to make it more adjustable.

#20 ·
The rod holding the seat is a awefull design for this class of bike. I had to heat it and chill it to shrink the material to get the rod loose and move by force. Looks like Peloton doesn’t want you to adjust any at all.
After the seat adjustment and the adding the handle bar adjuster, the bike feels like a keeper, with no strain on my shoulders or back any more.
You have to adjust it. No bike fits all. Peloton should have sliding rail for both handle bar and seat.

#22 · (Edited)
Hi, yes I’m a male and I’m also only 5ft 2 and I’m having the same problem! Like someone said in the comments getting addons might help, I have a very bad back and cycling is about the only exercise I can do without causing to much pain, however the reach to the handlebars was to far a faraway for me and was causing me a lot of pain. To resolve this problem I have brought moving handlebar solution from Checkout - Top Form Design
However they are not cheap at £299 plus postage but worth it. Why Pleoton does not include this option on its bike does not make sense as we are all different heights... good luck

#27 · (Edited)
I find another solution, this extra handlebar could be helpful for someone.
it makes your handlebar higher and it has a comfortable sponge arms padding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.