Peloton Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike, I have done classes last 3 days. I have L4/L5 back issues . I am trying to push and do more low impact classes. I want to see if anyone can give some tips and is it safe? Thoughts please?

·
Super Moderator
164 Posts
My suggestions
  • Make sure you have the seat height set up correctly. If you haven't seen it this video may be helpful.
  • Try putting the handlebars to max height and moving the seat all the way forward. Since it's a spin bike there is no advantage to an aero position and leaning over may aggravate your back. You'll probably want to experiment to find what works best.
  • During the rides, move around on the seat and stand up to stretch your legs every so often.
  • I would try not to push it too much. Build up to longer rides, don't max out on resistance and don't bike every day. It's a good excuse to try some of the other exercises you can do in the Peloton app.
  • End with at least a 10 minute cool down ride. Brings your HR down and helps with muscle soreness.
  • Stretch before and after (something your very familiar with if you have back issues)
Hope that helps! Congratulations on your bike!

·
Registered
16 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, I broke T10 falling down the stairs about 9-10 weeks ago. Doctor okay'ed physical therapy. I am a physical therapist so I do the exercises on my own. The back exercises bother me. The Peloton does not. The guys that installed it adjusted the seat and the handle bars as well. No problems at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts