Peloton Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike, I have done classes last 3 days. I have L4/L5 back issues . I am trying to push and do more low impact classes. I want to see if anyone can give some tips and is it safe? Thoughts please?

·
Super Moderator
48 Posts
My suggestions
  • Make sure you have the seat height set up correctly. If you haven't seen it this video may be helpful.
  • Try putting the handlebars to max height and moving the seat all the way forward. Since it's a spin bike there is no advantage to an aero position and leaning over may aggravate your back. You'll probably want to experiment to find what works best.
  • During the rides, move around on the seat and stand up to stretch your legs every so often.
  • I would try not to push it too much. Build up to longer rides, don't max out on resistance and don't bike every day. It's a good excuse to try some of the other exercises you can do in the Peloton app.
  • End with at least a 10 minute cool down ride. Brings your HR down and helps with muscle soreness.
  • Stretch before and after (something your very familiar with if you have back issues)
Hope that helps! Congratulations on your bike!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts