Peloton Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ride the Bike+ and in sinc with my Apple Watch for the heart rate, the heart rate blanks out for about 25-45 seconds. This happens about 6-7 minutes into the ride. Any solutions? Thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does this happen all your rides or just certain ones? I’ve had this problem but it generally occurs on older content. I have also noticed that if I stack classes, it only happens in the first class (and again, only on older content). I don’t have a solution per se, but my theory is that the integration w/ Apple Gym Kit doesn’t function as well with dated stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this happen all your rides or just certain ones? I’ve had this problem but it generally occurs on older content. I have also noticed that if I stack classes, it only happens in the first class (and again, only on older content). I don’t have a solution per say, but my theory is that the integration w/ Apple Gym Kit doesn’t function as well with dated stuff.
Thanks for the response. I’m new to the Peloton and I am not sure whether the disconnect with the HRM occurs on an older workout or more recent. I’ll pay more attention to the dates to see if there’s a correlation. Thanks again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. I’m new to the Peloton and I am not sure whether the disconnect with the HRM occurs on an older workout or more recent. I’ll pay more attention to the dates to see if there’s a correlation. Thanks again.
Would I be better off using a Sch
Question: would I be better off using Scosche rhythm+ HRM? Would it be more reliable? Would it provide the same metrics as the Apple?
I have an old Scosche HRM. Would it pair up with the Peloton?

Blanking out like that is somewhat annoying.
Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would I be better off using a Sch

Question: would I be better off using Scosche rhythm+ HRM? Would it be more reliable? Would it provide the same metrics as the Apple?
I have an old Scosche HRM. Would it pair up with the Peloton?

Blanking out like that is somewhat annoying.
Thank you
I have the Scosche Rythm 2.0 and I really like the consistent readouts it provides. Search online for Scosche coupons and try putting in a few discount codes. I struck gold and got 15% off my final cost. This was actually cheaper than what they were discounting the previous model before they discontinued it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Scosche Rythm 2.0 and I really like the consistent readouts it provides. Search online for Scosche coupons and try putting in a few discount codes. I struck gold and got 15% off my final cost. This was actually cheaper than what they were discounting the previous model before they discontinued it.
Still blanking out. It’s not just older rides. It also happens with Just Ride and Scenics . Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
@Ikabob My only other suggestion (re Apple Watch integration) is to ensure you are using the the most up-to-date Apple software on you phone/watch. Otherwise you will have problems with the Apple GymKit integration. I've had the same issue periodically, but (again) it usually related to older content and generally on Scenic Rides. Now that all the old Scenic Rides have been replaced 😫, let's see if that makes any difference! I have virtually never had this problem on 45-min classes (Encore), which are my go-to. BTW I'm using Apple Watch SE.

One final (perhaps obvious) suggestion: reboot everything...

Look forward to riding w/ you....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Ikabob My only other suggestion (re Apple Watch integration) is to ensure you are using the the most up-to-date Apple software on you phone/watch. Otherwise you will have problems with the Apple GymKit integration. I've had the same issue periodically, but (again) it usually related to older content and generally on Scenic Rides. Now that all the old Scenic Rides have been replaced 😫, let's see if that makes any difference! I have virtually never had this problem on 45-min classes (Encore), which are my go-to. BTW I'm using Apple Watch SE.

One final (perhaps obvious) suggestion: reboot everything...

Look forward to riding w/ you....
Thank you very much.
I just updated the watch latest software. Maybe that’ll help. If not I’ll contact Peloton Tech Support.

And, thanks for the offer to ride with me.
I’m building up to, hopefully, an Encore ride, but I have a long way to go. Will see what’s in the future. Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you very much.
I just updated the watch latest software. Maybe that’ll help. If not I’ll contact Peloton Tech Support.

And, thanks for the offer to ride with me.
I’m building up to, hopefully, an Encore ride, but I have a long way to go. Will see what’s in the future. Thanks again.
@Ikabob Just reporting back after taking a Stack of: 10-min Scenic Ride/45-min PowerZone Ride/10min Scenic Ride. HR functionality was flawless.👊

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you give me some more details about it. Thank you so much!
Yes,
When I cycle any ride and sync my Apple Watch (V 7.4.1) to the Peloton bike for the HRM, there are periods when the HR just drops out and temporarily is not displayed. Eventually when it does come back, it may be an inaccurately excessively high reading.
At the end of the ride, the HR graph shows large gaps of no reading.
I have followed the advice of tech support and done a factory reset and for a couple rides that does help but eventually the drop-out issue seems to begin again.
it’s very discouraging when the drop outs occurs and I realize that the ride will have inaccurate metrics.

Thanks for any help that will make the HRM information stable on my Bike+. Right now it’s very unstable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts