Peloton Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Pelaton Community,
I have just started peloton. My issue is I have a bad knee with restrictive movement from a torn ACL when I was younger.

Any recommendations on adustments that can help HIIT classes or any HIIT classes that don’t overload knees to much?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a new knee recently and started with my seat very high and gradually lowered it over 4 months. The knee gradually began to bend more and more particularly when warmed up. Also I stuck to low impact rides and rides by Christine d’Ercole who never comes out of the saddle. This reduces the impact on the knees tremendously. The downside to having the seat set very high is it tended to give me back ache.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello Pelaton Community,
I have just started peloton. My issue is I have a bad knee with restrictive movement from a torn ACL when I was younger.

Any recommendations on adustments that can help HIIT classes or any HIIT classes that don’t overload knees to much?
Try raising your seat….
I had a new knee recently and started with my seat very high and gradually lowered it over 4 months. The knee gradually began to bend more and more particularly when warmed up. Also I stuck to low impact rides and rides by Christine d’Ercole who never comes out of the saddle. This reduces the impact on the knees tremendously. The downside to having the seat set very high is it tended to give me back ache.
Welcome to the forum everyone!
@Ben_BlueOx keep us posted on if raising the seat works, I know someone in a similar situation that wants a Peloton and your feedback could help out! Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's definitely the way to go if you're looking to ease your way into riding @Ben_BlueOx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts