Peloton Forum banner

Hotel Peloton SPD Cleat

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RiceAWay 
#1 ·
I have a Peloton at home with the Peloton brand look compatible pedals and cleats. I travel frequently for work and many of the hotels I stay in have Pelotons in the hotel gym. These bikes are usually equipped with a dual sided pedal. They have toe clips on one side and an SPD compatible pedal on the other side. I want to get a pair of shoes to bring with me when I travel and I’m looking for a recommendation on the brand of cleat that is most compatible with these pedals. Anybody have experience using these pedals? Is a Shimano cleat compatible? Thanks.

#2 ·
It has been my experience that the difference in price between the SpD lookalikes is not worth taking the risk on. I have found many problems between the release mechanisms not working correctly and actually falling apart to the threads not being cut properly and stripping the threads out of the cranks under load. That was real fun. So I always use Shimano or Look pedals only.

#3 ·
I think you are just asking for a recommendation about 2-bolt SPD-type cleats? I would stick with OEM Shimano. There are other 'clones' like sold on Amazon, etc. as 'SPD compatible' -- but you can't go wrong with Shimano SPD.
Most spinning gyms use SPD pedals also, I always carry a set of shoes in my travel bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.