Peloton Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Peloton owner here. I was nervous about the seat shifting or dropping while riding, and was apparently overzealous about tightening. (I didn't think I was going too far.) The plastic lever stripped against the metal and it took a saw, pliers, and a good amount of effort to get the thing off in order to install a replacement.

Anyone else run into this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Peloton owner here. I was nervous about the seat shifting or dropping while riding, and was apparently overzealous about tightening. (I didn't think I was going too far.) The plastic lever stripped against the metal and it took a saw, pliers, and a good amount of effort to get the thing off in order to install a replacement.

View attachment 18
How did you get the screw out? I have tried everything, but have been unable to remove it.

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 18
Hi-I have this same issue and can’t get the stripped bolt out. How did you do it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you get the screw out? I have tried everything, but have been unable to remove it.
Use a utility saw and cut the plastic a little ways up the shaft as shown in the photo above. Saw down to the metal stud. Once you make a clean cut all the way around the shaft you can use a pair of vice grips to pull the main part of the handle off, exposing the metal stud. You can then use the vice grips to unscrew the stud and install a new part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this happen too. 😡. Can you get replacement parts?
Peloton has $1.50 replacement handles but I was told they’re out of stock due mid January. The customer folks have been very nice but it’s a little sad improved design isn’t being sent to any current subscribers. Take care of your customers and they will take good care of you? The plastic is a poor choice of material and thus easy to damage if not fully engaged by the spring. Since weight is NOT an issue on a bike that’s stationary and steel ones are only a few dollars more...
Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had the same thing happen. For future reference, I just used a pair of vice grips to rip the black piece of plastic off and now am stuck using pliers to adjust the seat until Peloton ships replacement parts…

·
Registered
6 Posts
The handles are incredibly cheap for the level of quality that should be expected on an $1895 stationary bike its junk.
UPDATE: Peloton provided handles for replacement and were very nice about the whole situation. Appreciate the customer service received. I do still feel the L handle materials could be upgraded at a very low cost to improve reliability since for every rider change both seat handles get used.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a sawzall with a metal blade. I left just enough screw to grab it with a pair of grip pliers and then removed the bolt. I then used a socket cap screw metric number 8 (M8) 1.25 x40 mm screw to replace the screw it cut. You can get them and hardware store. Took me about 3 min in total to do. Isn’t worth paying $$ by buying peloton or it’s a quick fix to ride until they can send you a replacement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts