Peloton Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the instructors are great, but I really wish they would have classes that have minutes-long periods where you just ride and listen to the music. Some of them feel the need to talk literally the whole time and it makes it hard to get into the ride. Everyone I talk to feels the same way so wondering why there is not a whole section of classes that feature this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can’t finish my workouts with all this talking at times. Makes it grueling. I think you just have to try to ignore ... I am only on App as I have a spinning bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the instructors are great, but I really wish they would have classes that have minutes-long periods where you just ride and listen to the music. Some of them feel the need to talk literally the whole time and it makes it hard to get into the ride. Everyone I talk to feels the same way so wondering why there is not a whole section of classes that feature this?
Hi, you need to shop for instructors who have a style that you like. For example Leanne Hainsby is a lot of fun to ride with but she talks a lot and if you really want to concentrate on training it could be distracting. On the other hand, if you ride with Matt Wilpers he tends to provide only what is needed to meet the session training goals and some motivational comments. Note also that some instructors provide very specific instructions such as 10 seconds to be at this cadence and this resistance. Others leave you hanging and unless you are really listing you miss the direction to change cadence/resistance. I keep a whiteboard next to my bike where I write comments about which instructors I like and which to avoid. Just like anything else, some people you like and some you don't :)

·
Super Moderator
242 Posts
I believe in the power zone rides they don't do shout outs which is kind of nice. Also certain rides like the Ally/Emma Prince ride there were no shout outs. This is a controversial topic but I wouldn't mind a new category of rides to filter on with no shout outs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts