Peloton Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to give away my peloton bike. Not because of the price of the bike or the subscription price, but because most of the instructors can't seem to manage the 3 things they are responsible for, time, cadence, and resistance. They are more concerned with their personal lives and telling us about it

· Registered
19 Posts
Hmmmm. The personal stuff can be a bummer. I am no prude but the super graphic stuff is just icky.

Have you tried turning up dial on "less instructor, more music"? It was a feature that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, but it has been working much better now.

And yeah, the reset of the stuff is on full display.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey, gimme your bike if you don't want it, I can use another one so I don't have constantly change the settings between myself and my wife. ;)

I've been using the Bike+ for 3 weeks now and have never had issues with the cadence and resistance; the instructor calls it out the range and they're reflect on the screen, I usually use the auto resistance and it seems pretty accurate and responsive too. Not sure what other issues you're having?

· Registered
113 Posts
Hey, gimme your bike if you don't want it, I can use another one so I don't have constantly change the settings between myself and my wife. ;)

I've been using the Bike+ for 3 weeks now and have never had issues with the cadence and resistance; the instructor calls it out the range and they're reflect on the screen, I usually use the auto resistance and it seems pretty accurate and responsive too. Not sure what other issues you're having?
Is there a question here? Is it really that difficult to listen to the class and touch the dial?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not have the bike that automatically changes the resistance. If you perform any amount of on-demand rides, you will notice that the cadence and the resistance on the screen does not match what the instructor called out. In addition, if you pay attention, the instructor may call out a 30 second interval and then talk for 45 seconds. These are the things I am referring to.

· Registered
113 Posts
I do not have the bike that automatically changes the resistance. If you perform any amount of on-demand rides, you will notice that the cadence and the resistance on the screen does not match what the instructor called out. In addition, if you pay attention, the instructor may call out a 30 second interval and then talk for 45 seconds. These are the things I am referring to.
Still confused. In the original bike it’s up to YOU to turn resistance knob manually. If your metrics are out of sync by more than 5 or 10 seconds then clear some cache or factory reset to clear out garbage. Sounds like your bike needs a little house cleaning.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have noticed this in 1 of my rides. It was the Ben Alldis 20 minute beginner ride from 12/21/22 @ 1AM. The instructor was calling out different resistance and cadence levels, but the "yellow target range indicator" on the screen wasn't updating. I only noticed this on 1 out of the 40ish rides that I have done so far. I chalked it up to either a lazy instructor that wasn't adjusting the bikes metrics to meet his comments or perhaps he kept the range wide open to be more inclusive to new beginner riders. This hasn't been a common problem for me so far, but I am still new and still working through the beginner level classes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts