Peloton Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I've had my Peloton for a little over 3 months now and have been noticing that my left knee will get a bit aggravated during/after my rides. More of a dull, annoying pain vs anything intense. My right one is perfectly fine, but wonder if people have experience with this/any tips to prevent it from happening again. For reference, I am 6'2 and my bike is at 30 height, G setting for the seat & all the way up for the handles. Appreciate any advice!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there! I've had my Peloton for a little over 3 months now and have been noticing that my left knee will get a bit aggravated during/after my rides. More of a dull, annoying pain vs anything intense. My right one is perfectly fine, but wonder if people have experience with this/any tips to prevent it from happening again. For reference, I am 6'2 and my bike is at 30 height, G setting for the seat & all the way up for the handles. Appreciate any advice!
While "peloton Guru" has a descent explanation you should also be aware that if your cranks are too long you will get pain in the front of your knees at the beginning of your ride until your knees begin loosening up and sometimes following a ride. Moving to shorter cranks can eliminate this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Moving to shorter cranks requires skills and tools that most bike owners don't have. There are plenty of less intrusive options than replacing the stock hardware on the bike and voiding the warranty. Changing the length of the crank arms would also impact the accuracy of the cadence output. Peloton showroom staff can provide very basic guidance, but IMHO not as good as the video above. You can also pay for a professional bike fitting via video. Matt Wilpers, Peloton Instructor, manages a bunch of bike fit experts who you can pay to get you perfectly fitted with the stock Peloton bike you received.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excuse me if I think that you are expecting people to be stupid. Dealers can quite cheaply change cranks which wouldn't effect the warranty at all. What are your knees worth?
These are Peloton bikes. Not road bikes. And yes, I know all about the worth of knees. I had the upgrade over the past 18 months. But not do to bad form. Just saying, there are many other less invasive options.
Joint X-ray Radiography Leg White

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would also recommend some of Matt Wilpers Low Impact classes . He seems to work on drills and positioning during those classes . I would pay close attention to the feel of my foot and knees during those classes and make small adjustments to my shoes and clips while also looking at seat height and distance of offset from crank center . There is no specific answer to your issue . It is all personal feel AND will change from time to time . I have been riding bicycles for 30 years and Peloton for a few and I change all the above things every once in a while . It is not uncommon. Listen to and feel your body and adjust to make it feel better . Just don’t adjust too many things at once . And remember your start spot so you can always go back to that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts