Peloton Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've scoured the forum posts and other online options (especially reddit) and not seeing the exact issue. Still, very sorry if this is redundant!

I've owned a bike for almost two years now and only recently noticed that my right cleat doesn't swivel as far to the left as much as the left clear does to the right (so, mirror image). I noticed this because I'm starting to develop some discomfort possibly related to this.

I called customer service, but they only recommended ordering a new pedal or adjusting the tension strength on the pedal itself.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, by chance?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Hello!

I've scoured the forum posts and other online options (especially reddit) and not seeing the exact issue. Still, very sorry if this is redundant!

I've owned a bike for almost two years now and only recently noticed that my right cleat doesn't swivel as far to the left as much as the left clear does to the right (so, mirror image). I noticed this because I'm starting to develop some discomfort possibly related to this.

I called customer service, but they only recommended ordering a new pedal or adjusting the tension strength on the pedal itself.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, by chance?

Thank you!
Hi. The amount that your heel can move back and forth while you're clipped in is called "float." Standard Peloton pedals/cleats are supposed to have 9 degrees of float normally. It sounds like you're right shoe does not have as much float as your left.

The first thing I would try is loosening the tension on the right shoe. If that's not the problem you probably need to adjust the float. I don't know how to do that since I use different pedals but that would be what I think you need to do. Let me know what you find!
Stefon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.