Peloton Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. So after months and months of research I found myself once again scouring the interwebs looking through various threads, articles, and videos relating to the Peloton cult. I am proud to be a part of the cult.

I am a former division 1 college football player, an airline pilot, and a Dad. I have been going to the gym since I was in about 7th grade. My diet has always been that of a football player. That part of me has never changed. My bike arrived 2 days ago and yesterday I did an intro ride to get used to the cadence and resistance.... since then I have spent 2 hours out of the last 36 hours on that bike. I love the classes, love the instructors, and love the workout.

I am strong, I can move a lot of weight at the gym, and working out has always been a pillar of my life. Two days into this journey and I am hooked. I have an addictive personality as it is, but these workouts are for real. When I workout hard (like today’s HIIT ride that I did) I am more motivated to take care of my body as far as diet. The bike, while expensive is a means to an end. The bottom line is Peloton put together a great product, a helluva bike, and they have an awesome group of instructors/class offerings.

I haven’t gotten to do a “live class” yet, just Encore.... but they’re awesome. I am super excited to begin this journey and I refuse to accept the “this will be a clothes hangar in four weeks” mentality. The people who think like that are the same people who sign up for the gym memberships on January 2nd only to find out that they’re now carrying an extra card on their keychain a few months later.
Anyways—I’m Chris—aka PeloChris from Appleton, WI and I am totally bought into this bike, this program, and this cult. Looking forward to seeing and sharing results with you all as time goes on!!!

·
Super Moderator
85 Posts
Welcome to the cult Chris! I'm #sprichy We got our Peloton last January and have been hooked ever since.

As a dad myself with a demanding job, the Peloton has really enabled me to work out more often. The convenience is awesome and for me the key has been working out first thing in the morning before my family wakes up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts