Peloton Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m waiting on the delivery of my new Tread+. It’s going on a hardwood floor, and I’m concerned about the wheels marking up the floor. Should I get a mat, and if so, which one do you recommend?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't have a Tread but I've seen others mention that if you get a mat you don't want to get a thin one as it will bunch up. Some have recommended this one and other thicker mats. I'm jealous - the Tread+ is awesome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m waiting on the delivery of my new Tread+. It’s going on a hardwood floor, and I’m concerned about the wheels marking up the floor. Should I get a mat, and if so, which one do you recommend?
Hi, I bought my tread in 2019. It is heavy equipment. Here is the link to the Peleton Tread + site.
Whether you purchase this one or another, you want to make sure the thickness of the mat.
Because the tread is heavy, I opted for 3/4 of thickness and I am glad I did.
On the first day, I let it outside because there is a rubbery smell you want to air out.
I ordered mine before the tread arrived to air it out.
It does not slip, holds the tread in its place. Make sure you find the right place because once they install the tread, you won't be able to move it easily, unless you have 1 or 2 guys readily available. Unless you are very strong.
Hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I bought my tread in 2019. It is heavy equipment. Here is the link to the Peleton Tread + site.
Whether you purchase this one or another, you want to make sure the thickness of the mat.
Because the tread is heavy, I opted for 3/4 of thickness and I am glad I did.
On the first day, I let it outside because there is a rubbery smell you want to air out.
I ordered mine before the tread arrived to air it out.
It does not slip, holds the tread in its place. Make sure you find the right place because once they install the tread, you won't be able to move it easily, unless you have 1 or 2 guys readily available. Unless you are very strong.
Hope you find this helpful.
Thx Marlene. Does the 3/4” mat cause any issues with the incline process, when the wheels go back and forth? Is it too soft that the wheels sink in a bit, which might cause problems with the motor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts