Peloton Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 40 year retired Marine, worn body, bad knees, and a previous heart condition which all collectively prevents me from running. So, Walking is my primary means of keeping my numbers at acceptable levels (keeping the doc off my back) & staying in shape.

To ensure I am able to maintain a consistent workout regiment year around regardless of weather or work schedule ... I recently purchased a Thread + and I love it.

However, I could not help but notice the content is heavily weighted towards runners and more “Walking” specific content should be considered. For instance, there is current only a Scenic Run & Just Run option available and both are counted as a run workout. There should also be a “Scenic Walk” or “Just Walk” option offered for walkers which is counted as a walking workout.

In addition, “Scenic and Just Walk” content should also include 90-120 minute max time limits to accommodate long distant walkers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a 40 year retired Marine, worn body, bad knees, and a previous heart condition which all collectively prevents me from running. So, Walking is my primary means of keeping my numbers at acceptable levels (keeping the doc off my back) & staying in shape.

To ensure I am able to maintain a consistent workout regiment year around regardless of weather or work schedule ... I recently purchased a Thread + and I love it.

However, I could not help but notice the content is heavily weighted towards runners and more “Walking” specific content should be considered. For instance, there is current only a Scenic Run & Just Run option available and both are counted as a run workout. There should also be a “Scenic Walk” or “Just Walk” option offered for walkers which is counted as a walking workout.

In addition, “Scenic and Just Walk” content should also include 90-120 minute max time limits to accommodate long distant walkers.
I hear you! I am former Army, I know I know not the same my brother was a Marine, LOL, and also 27 year State Trooper, and hoping there could be more content focused on older and in some cases worn bodies. I have the bike and they always say adjust the ride requirements for yourself, but it would be nice to have a couple of "old dog" rides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear you! I am former Army, I know I know not the same my brother was a Marine, LOL, and also 27 year State Trooper, and hoping there could be more content focused on older and in some cases worn bodies. I have the bike and they always say adjust the ride requirements for yourself, but it would be nice to have a couple of "old dog" rides.
Thanks for your service to our country and our community! I’m confident if more people advocate and speak out on this issue Peleton will do the right and consider meeting the needs of older & medically impaired demographic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you both for your service @VPip @2ndCavalry. I agree there should be content for walking, it would be a great way to expand the Tread's appeal to older people and those who have sustained injuries. In some ways a long walk is just as good as going for a run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts