Peloton Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, add an option to mute the instructor, so we can only listen to the music and see the training data you need to follow (cadence, resistance). I just cannot bear all the coaches talking all the time, screaming, talking about things you don't really care about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please, add an option to mute the instructor, so we can only listen to the music and see the training data you need to follow (cadence, resistance). I just cannot bear all the coaches talking all the time, screaming, talking about things you don't really care about it.
would be great - I find myself yelling "SHUT UP" - best if we can see the instuctor's guidance via CC but mute it and hear music.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would be great - I find myself yelling "SHUT UP" - best if we can see the instuctor's guidance via CC but mute it and hear music.
Yes, I also have a Mirror that I use for strength training, in their platform the coach and music volume controls are separated, so you can completely shit the coach if you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peloton: if you're listening, please do this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
PLEASE OFFER THIS FEATURE. Or can you tell instructors to shutup sometimes? They literally never stop talking. I don’t want to hear them cheer on 300 random people whose birthday it is while I’m trying to focus on my ride and the music.
it’s so annoying and never happened in soulcycle

·
Registered
1 Posts
10,000% this. I can't tell you how uncomfortable the overly dramatic "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE" bull is. Make it stop. Just tell me the cadence and the resistance, and let the music play. I don't need to hear your life story, how driven I should be, and how amazing I am.

·
Super Moderator
433 Posts
I agree - I think it's time. Have at least one instructor who doesn't do shout outs and see how popular they are.

As another person noted, most of the music tribute rides seem to have little to no shoutouts - Prince, Weezer, Wyclef, Bob Marley, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
A couple of points.

I asked years ago for separate volume controls for instructor/music. There are times I want the instructor guidance but cannot stand the music selection. Separate sliders/mute options would help, with perhaps a change tone to give you five second heads up for the next change.

Perhaps along with this there should be a a secondary progress bar that shows your position in the current segment, and a marker when the next segment change is coming

Ultimately, it is instructor personality. I find I'm riding Matt Wilpers and Denis Morton almost exclusively (Power Zones) because they tend to omit that hyperbolic bs that Jess King and Alex Toussaint blather on about in their own ways. Ultimately though, different people need different things, so find the instructors that don't do the things you dont like. Early Hannah Marie Corbin was also enjoyable to ride. Not technically focused like Wilpers and Morton, but her positivity was not overly "pushy". Lately, not so much, though I need to try some more recent rides to really see.

I can do without the personal stories that are unrelated to fitness however. Drives me batty...

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree completely. I'd like to enjoy the music and ride, with an occasional bit of advice and encouragement from the instructor, but the constant talking makes it unpleasant.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts