Peloton Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please, add an option to mute the instructor, so we can only listen to the music and see the training data you need to follow (cadence, resistance). I just cannot bear all the coaches talking all the time, screaming, talking about things you don't really care about it.
Omg I so agree - I just did the most annoying class with 30 min of non stop talking. Repeat explain of power zones. Pay all this money to be annoyed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please, add an option to mute the instructor, so we can only listen to the music and see the training data you need to follow (cadence, resistance). I just cannot bear all the coaches talking all the time, screaming, talking about things you don't really care about it.
AMEN!!! I’m so close on getting rid of the bike, they have gotten worse through the years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please!!! Mute option please! I would quit today if I could. Even my quiet guy talk the entire time today. Maybe they think it is motivating but I ended two classes because of the nattering before finally finishing the third this morning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also agree 100%. My work-around has been to lower the volume all the way and ride with earbuds in, listening to my own music from my iPhone, or without earbuds using my iPhone with a Bose bluetooth speaker. At least that way, I can choose what I'm listening to. I realize not everyone has these options, but for those who do, it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please Please Please offer mute the instructor option.
You are trying to grind through a piece or just want to enjoy a song and they are yapping away like a dog that just heard the doorbell. There are several instructors I can't even take their classes because they won't shut up. If this feature existed I would have so many more options because I could just shut them up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A couple of points.

I asked years ago for separate volume controls for instructor/music. There are times I want the instructor guidance but cannot stand the music selection. Separate sliders/mute options would help, with perhaps a change tone to give you five second heads up for the next change.

Perhaps along with this there should be a a secondary progress bar that shows your position in the current segment, and a marker when the next segment change is coming

Ultimately, it is instructor personality. I find I'm riding Matt Wilpers and Denis Morton almost exclusively (Power Zones) because they tend to omit that hyperbolic bs that Jess King and Alex Toussaint blather on about in their own ways. Ultimately though, different people need different things, so find the instructors that don't do the things you dont like. Early Hannah Marie Corbin was also enjoyable to ride. Not technically focused like Wilpers and Morton, but her positivity was not overly "pushy". Lately, not so much, though I need to try some more recent rides to really see.

I can do without the personal stories that are unrelated to fitness however. Drives me batty...
OMG so many instructors I can't take their classes. Between the pitch of their voice, their constant yapping.
I have 4 instructors that I can deal with. Matt and Denis are two of them. I am so over the additional blather. I could care less you won the 4th grade dance contest gyrating to pop song currently playing. Shut up and let me listen to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OMG so many instructors I can't take their classes. Between the pitch of their voice, their constant yapping.
I have 4 instructors that I can deal with. Matt and Denis are two of them. I am so over the additional blather. I could care less you won the 4th grade dance contest gyrating to pop song currently playing. Shut up and let me listen to it.
Lately I have been riding without music because I can’t stand it anymore. I wonder if people have Spotify playlists made up for this kind of workout. Might not be the same speed but better than the constant matter and better than complete silence. Workouts are supposed to be stress relievers. I find myself yelling at the screen for them to shut up!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lately I have been riding without music because I can’t stand it anymore. I wonder if people have Spotify playlists made up for this kind of workout. Might not be the same speed but better than the constant matter and better than complete silence. Workouts are supposed to be stress relievers. I find myself yelling at the screen for them to shut up!
I guess I could reinstate my apple music subscription but I didn't use it very often. I would really love a mute instructor, mute music, mute both feature. There are a few singers and songs I detest and are in a playlist. It would be nice if i could mute that song during the ride.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts