Peloton Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen. I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, but I'm new to cycling and Peloton. I'm a month in, and coming to the end of my 3rd week of the 6 week "Mastering the Basics" program they offer. I'm looking for some suggestions on a weekly program that will keep my rides fresh, challenging, and recovery, all in the same week once I complete my 6 week course. I also incorporate my boxing routine which is a heavy bag workout twice a week. Like I said I'm new and have no idea how to set up a program. I saw that they have a 4 week Tabata program but I don't if doing a program like that every day is good for me right now. Any input is appreciated.

Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome Steve!

One program which is very structured is called "Discover your Power Zones." It is a four week program and they tell you exactly which rides to take. I recommend this program.

·
Super Moderator
98 Posts
Hi Steve. Yes, I agree. The Power Zone program is a good one. You'll take what's called an FTP test to establish your fitness level and then they guide you through everything. You're pretty much guaranteed to see an improvement.

This is one area where I think Peloton should do more e.g. more programs for people looking for structure or to achieve certain goals like lose weight, get faster, get better at climbing, etc. Even for general fitness I would recommend people vary their rides and do low impact/recovery rides vs. going hard all the time but Peloton doesn't really say that anywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Steve!

One program which is very structured is called "Discover your Power Zones." It is a four week program and they tell you exactly which rides to take. I recommend this program.
Thank you Gina

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Gina! I just started the Power Zones program this week and love it so far. The FTP test was tough, but worth it. Hopefully I'll see a difference at the end of week 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts