Peloton Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Just got my bike this past Saturday and when I am out of the saddle there is a horrible clicking sound, doesn’t seem to happen when seated. Any ideas?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi. This seems pretty common and there are multiple causes. I would start with tightening the screws of your cleats into your shoes. That's the most common cause.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I actually just tightened the cleats into the shoes and added some finish line pedal and cleat to the shoes as many have suggested and the sound is still there. Seems to happen with high resistance and out of saddle. Almost sounds like it’s coming from chain area. I have a video, but can’t post on this thread to show you all. Any other thoughts? No answer from Peloton support, very disappointing especially after a three month wait to get the bike....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All! Just got my bike this past Saturday and when I am out of the saddle there is a horrible clicking sound, doesn’t seem to happen when seated. Any ideas?
I also just got my bike about 3 weeks ago and have similar scraping sounds when putting my resistance to 58-62 range. It doesn't seem to happen when seated. I have contacted Peloton regarding this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the response. I actually just tightened the cleats into the shoes and added some finish line pedal and cleat to the shoes as many have suggested and the sound is still there. Seems to happen with high resistance and out of saddle. Almost sounds like it’s coming from chain area. I have a video, but can’t post on this thread to show you all. Any other thoughts? No answer from Peloton support, very disappointing especially after a three month wait to get the bike....
Hi same thing is happening to me. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing. My bike is pretty news as well. It’s not my cleat it’s a noise in the side the chain area. Now the noise and the twerking I feel in my right pedal is also bothering me. Noise is so bothersome my partner wakes up on next room over in am when I ride. So I need find out how to fix this. I had my Flywheel bike two years zero issues. If this keeps happening I’m selling this thing. I love the sceeen and classes but I do miss my Flywheel bike. It’s a way smoother ride and bike feels built way better. Higher quality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same thing. My bike is pretty news as well. It’s not my cleat it’s a noise in the side the chain area. Now the noise and the twerking I feel in my right pedal is also bothering me. Noise is so bothersome my partner wakes up on next room over in am when I ride. So I need find out how to fix this. I had my Flywheel bike two years zero issues. If this keeps happening I’m selling this thing. I love the sceeen and classes but I do miss my Flywheel bike. It’s a way smoother ride and bike feels built way better. Higher quality.
How are you making out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was able to contact Support at Peloton regarding the scraping sound on the flywheel. It appears an adjustment is needed and I was to adjust the magnets and the scraping noise has disappeared even when have my resistance up 63. I have attached the link for you.

Please refer to this video that demonstrates how to properly do so:
password: MEtech

Tools: Philips Head screwdriver (to remove water bottle holder), 3mm hex key

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was able to contact Support at Peloton regarding the scraping sound on the flywheel. It appears an adjustment is needed and I was to adjust the magnets and the scraping noise has disappeared even when have my resistance up 63. I have attached the link for you.

Please refer to this video that demonstrates how to properly do so:
password: MEtech

Tools: Philips Head screwdriver (to remove water bottle holder), 3mm hex key
Thanks a lot - that's super helpful!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe things are getting better as Peloton adjusts to the pandemic. I just got a quick, personal response. Let’s see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How are you making out?
Hi! Pardon late response. Actually, my boyfriend helped me fixed the issue. I had a noise issues and when I peddled, I could start to feel something was off when I pushed down on my right side. The Problem was the screws on the crank wheel - they needed tightened. Luckily for me - my partner used to ride road bikes for long time and knew what to do quickly once he heard the noise when I was riding.

To fix:
You need to take cover off on the right side and on the left (cover is around the peddles - note you DO NOT need to take the pedals off)!

TIP#1 - when you take off the covers place screws where you will remember they go back in. There are different size screws on the cover.

TIP#2 - its best to have someone to help you tighten the crank wheel. I pushed from one side with Allen wrench (comes with the bike tool kit) as my partner tightened with a really extra larger FLAT Head - Screw Driver (he fixed cars & motorcycles he owns so we have almost every size screw driver) on the back side.

TIP#3 - test bike out before you put the covers back on!!

TIP#4 - we noticed when we took our back cover off there was one washer with one of the screws. This is where I said above about design flaw - my partner said (and I agree) they made the cover way to close to fix to the body of the bike. If you tighten the cover too tight (do not do that BTW) it will rub the bike and create another noise and more issues. The one washer helped offset the back cover so when you tighten both cover’s they do not rub when you go to use the bike.

Hope this helps everyone.

Other Potential Noise Issues:

1) The other "NOISE" issue everyone could be having is the pedal - could be the base of your shoe’s needs adjusted or the clip on the bike. There is YouTube Videos and Videos on Peloton to help with this noise.

2) If there is a noise in the Flywheel area (front of bike) it could be rubbing on the brake pads. That is a pretty easy noise to hear and determine. Again, have a partner or friend listen when you ride your bike to determine the location of the noise and issue. Sometimes you can feel and hear when riding the bike, yourself where the issue is coming from. I am sure you can call Peloton support for help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts