Peloton Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my bike for 6 weeks and when I am out of the saddle I get clicking. Clips on shoes are tight. Clicking stopped the day the Peloton tech came to the house and said everything is fine. Started again. By the way, also having issue where post warm up ride doesn't register resistance so i have to start a new ride and then everything works fine. Thoughts on either issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my bike for less than 24 hours and rode it for one 45 minute class before I expericed a clicking noise when I pushed down on the right pedal while standing and using resistance over 60. I called Customer Support and they requested a video of the noise. Upon follow-up, I was told that it was the crank arm for the pedal and it would need to be replaced by a technician. However, the earliest service appointment that I can get is 4 weeks away. Customer Service was very polite and responsive, but I can’t believe I already need to replace a part after one ride. I’m cautiously optimistic that this is just a fluke issue and I’m not going to have any more trouble for the foreseeable future. No one else I know who has older versions of the bike has experienced this issue. I guess I will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a new bike abt 1 month old. Bike started making an intermittent but often click noice and feelIng after 10 days of beginner rides - it’s in the cranks. It is NOT the clips. I sent the video and jumped through all the hoops. I have gone round and round with Peloton support (chat, email, phone). They are the worst. Scheduled service and they cancelled day before. Rescheduled for a frame replacement and waited a week and then they rescheduled for mid December - almost 2.5 mos from now. I initiated a return - for this price it should be perfect and not a 10 day to error product, especially since they can’t even service it timely. This is all hype for the sale and could care less after you make your purchase. Annoyed I even have to look at this thing for another 2 mos waiting for them to drag it away. Customer service and the number of people contradicting each other was NUTS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to contact Support at Peloton regarding the scraping sound on the flywheel. It appears an adjustment is needed and I was to adjust the magnets and the scraping noise has disappeared even when have my resistance up 63. I have attached the link for you.

Please refer to this video that demonstrates how to properly do so:
password: MEtech

Tools: Philips Head screwdriver (to remove water bottle holder), 3mm hex key
Is there a password for this video?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I watched the video - it’s posted everywhere - this is not the clicking problem people are describing so it is not applicable. The video is for a rubbing sound. The clicking in the bottom bracket that so many are experiencing is totally different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue. Bike is a week old. Sounds more of a clunking noise from the left side while out of the saddle. You can actually feel it in the foot while peddling. I checked the cleats on the shoes and the screws are all snug. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Call customer support. My “clunk” is on the right not the left, but same issue. I sent them a video and was told it was a crank arm that needed to be replaced. The earliest service appointment I can get is in a month, but I was told that I can still ride the bike until then. Ironically the noise disappeared 20 min into my ride this morning. This was my fourth time riding the bike. I’m keeping the service appointment just so they can check out the issue. I’m sure the problem will resurface. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!! Appreciate the quick response. I do have an email into Customer Support. At first I thought it was the shoe. But I have another rider in the house and they're experiencing the same issue. Good luck with your bike!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s a common problem with too many people. Folks have tried a lot of fixes and it seems to be tied back to issues in rhe bottom bracket - basically the mechanism between the two crank arms. I’ve tried to isolate the problem and it happens even when not wearing my shoes so its not the cleats etc. it’s an internal mechanism. Its less loud when my wife rides but still too loud. Cant ride before people are out of bed anymore in my residence or we need to move the bike to the garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the exact same problem. Bike is 3 weeks old and when the tension gets upwards of ~45 there's a loud clicking on the right pedal stroke. Its not the clear or pedals. I sent a video to Peloton support and they responded asking me to send a video of the problem. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Beyond "bottom bracket issue" has anyone that's experienced this been able to actually diagnose the root cause? If Peloton support is as inept as it seems I may attempt the fix on my own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve had my bike for 4 days and currently have two separate service appointments booked in November to fix the crank arm “clicking” pedal issue and a crooked monitor that I can’t get to stay level. Although I was extremely frustrated by experiencing problems with such a new bike and the time it took to coordinate multiple calls and emails with to customer service, I do have to commend Peloton for their speed of response and the high level of customer service that I experienced with their reps. On top of it, after venting to the poor customer service agent who took my call this morning, they credited my account one month’s subscription fee, and a technician who was assigned to my ticket gave me a $125 credit to my original method of payment to cover part of my delivery fee because I was experiencing issues with a brand new bike. This is on top of crediting me $200 for pushing back my scheduled delivery date by two days. Although I am still surprised to have hardware issues with a new bike, I do feel like customer service has done the best they can to address the issues and they have adequately compensated me for my trouble and inconvenience. If you have an issue with your bike, I would contact support and give them the chance to address it. It seems like persistence pays off. Although, I still have to wait and see if what happens next month when the bike actually gets serviced by a technician. Stay tuned....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not really heard of anyone fixing on their own. People are worried if they start tinkering it will void their warranty. I had a rough go with customer service. Scheduled and appt that they then can elled the day before, rescheduled for two weeks later via the phone but then received an email confirmation for 2 months later in December and the next day my acct was billed for monthly service though I was told I would not be billed for this month. It has been a crazy journey and I have spent more time on this issue - reading, chatting w peloton, on phone, taking video, trying to isolate, etc than I have riding the bike for the 10 days it was working properly.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts