Peloton Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried everything in this forum and nothing worked. The noise appears to be coming from crank bolt area. After inspecting the whole Peloton I’m feeling a bit anxious that you are 100% right—this thing just isn’t well built. I hope I didn’t just buy a $2K piece of garbage.

Same thing. My bike is pretty news as well. It’s not my cleat it’s a noise in the side the chain area. Now the noise and the twerking I feel in my right pedal is also bothering me. Noise is so bothersome my partner wakes up on next room over in am when I ride. So I need find out how to fix this. I had my Flywheel bike two years zero issues. If this keeps happening I’m selling this thing. I love the sceeen and classes but I do miss my Flywheel bike. It’s a way smoother ride and bike feels built way better. Higher quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried everything in this forum and nothing worked. The noise appears to be coming from crank bolt area. After inspecting the whole Peloton I’m feeling a bit anxious that you are 100% right—this thing just isn’t well built. I hope I didn’t just buy a $2K piece of garbage.
Under the crank and above the flywheel is a loose sensor — on my bike. They’re replacing the whole bike+. I’ve reversed charges on my credit card so I have leverage if this proves to be a design flaw.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Under the crank and above the flywheel is a loose sensor — on my bike. They’re replacing the whole bike+. I’ve reversed charges on my credit card so I have leverage if this proves to be a design flaw.
The creaking in my bike is from the crank bolt between the two crank arms. It seems there’s many ways that a Peloton bike can creak! It’s been used less than 15x and it is already showing deterioration. Tomorrow I’ll do what you did—make sure they don’t rip me off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve posted here a couple times so here’s an update. Theyd did a frameswap about 3 weeks afo and we’ve been riding successfully since. Ido feel nervous and am always sort of “taking it easy” on the bike worried I’ll cause a new problem. This is not really the ideal way to enjoy a piece of exercise equipment. Peloton really missed the mark on so many people having same types of issues. Also going to be a lot more on this forum after the holidays. GLTA

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a clicking issue with my Bike+ when I first got it. The clicking I was experiencing occurred when I was out of the saddle. There are 2 recessed bolts on the underside of each of the front and rear legs (not the feet) that attach the frame to the legs. I tightened these 4 bolts and haven't heard the noise since.

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a clicking issue with my Bike+ when I first got it. The clicking I was experiencing occurred when I was out of the saddle. There are 2 recessed bolts on the underside of each of the front and rear legs (not the feet) that attach the frame to the legs. I tightened these 4 bolts and haven't heard the noise since.

Dave
Thanks. It's not that for my bike, but thank you for sharing another way in which a peloton may click or creak!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here. Terrible creaking/clicking from the right pedal and it feels like tiny snaps every time I ride out of the saddle.

I sent customer service a video and they said its the bottom bracket and they're sending someone to replace it.

I've only had my bike since the end of September and I've already had to get the wheel bearing replaced, too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same problem here. Terrible creaking/clicking from the right pedal and it feels like tiny snaps every time I ride out of the saddle.

I sent customer service a video and they said its the bottom bracket and they're sending someone to replace it.

I've only had my bike since the end of September and I've already had to get the wheel bearing replaced, too.
Is there a password for this video?
The password is MEtech. It solved my scraping noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the exact same problem! Thinking about pressing charges since this is such a big issue for so many people that have hardly acknowledged or addressed.

Still waiting for something to happen, the bike is 2 months old and the problem has gotten no where after 3 weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys I'm having a noisy crank problem with my new bike does anyone know what this is?

Same exact issue , same noise ,I've had the bike for less than two months. The only silver lining ( If I can call it that ) is I now I realize I'm not the only one with this same exact issue. I gone through the whole send us video and try this and then try that to be told that they would get me a new bike frame. This was to happen this week , but when they called to say they were around the corner they told me they did not have the new frame. they were just picking up the bike. Needless to say I lost it on them. After speaking with customer support they told me they had no idea why this happened and they would get back to me within 24 to 48hrs. So I guess I won't find out until next seeing that were heading into the weekend. I took it up with the CEO, now I'll just have to wait and see if Peloton really values existing customers.
Pissed!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
A bit of good news. So after dozens of calls and getting no where. I discovered it's the bottom bracket that failed. Peloton isn't really open about this issue because you have to get a new bike/frame. So they offered to send a new frame out in 3 months but we scolded them down to 2 months. And one of the reps told me the frame has a five year warranty which covers this defect. So hopefully it's not a problem with all frames. Time will tell, hopefully they fix this issue or recall the bikes!

If anyone is towards the end of their warranty make sure and get a new frame now!

·
Registered
9 Posts
A bit of good news. So after dozens of calls and getting no where. I discovered it's the bottom bracket that failed. Peloton isn't really open about this issue because you have to get a new bike/frame. So they offered to send a new frame out in 3 months but we scolded them down to 2 months. And one of the reps told me the frame has a five year warranty which covers this defect. So hopefully it's not a problem with all frames. Time will tell, hopefully they fix this issue or recall the bikes!

If anyone is towards the end of their warranty make sure and get a new frame now!
So , same situation here they'll be swapping my current frame for a new one. It was a little bit of a painful though went through the whole send us a video and then they had me troubleshoot a few things until they decided to swap the current frame for a new one. So I’m waiting for that to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too had a clicking sound whenever out of the saddle/heavy resistance and only on my left side. Followed the ideas above and neither seemed to be an issue. I had my husband then listen as I rode. Turns out it was just a lose bolt on the foot of the front base. Quick tightening with a wrench and voila! No more sound! I made it much more complicated than it was! Definitely have someone try to listen for where the sound is coming from before disassembling the entire bike like I did!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All! Just got my bike this past Saturday and when I am out of the saddle there is a horrible clicking sound, doesn’t seem to happen when seated. Any ideas?
I am having the same issue. Peloton already replaced my bike+ three times. This is the 3rd bike. Same problem. It is not the cleat. It still makes the sound when I am out of the saddle and wearing tennis shoes. So frustrating! A technician is supposed to come out, but who knows when that will happen. Mine sounds like it's coming near the resistance knob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue. Peloton already replaced my bike+ three times. This is the 3rd bike. Same problem. It is not the cleat. It still makes the sound when I am out of the saddle and wearing tennis shoes. So frustrating! A technician is supposed to come out, but who knows when that will happen. Mine sounds like it's coming near the resistance knob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to contact Support at Peloton regarding the scraping sound on the flywheel. It appears an adjustment is needed and I was to adjust the magnets and the scraping noise has disappeared even when have my resistance up 63. I have attached the link for you.

Please refer to this video that demonstrates how to properly do so:
password: MEtech

Tools: Philips Head screwdriver (to remove water bottle holder), 3mm hex key
What password is needed to view it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like a Better Business Bureau issue, maybe they need to refund your money and go to Nordic Trak. Clearly this is a common issue and it hasn’t been addressed by the company.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts