Peloton Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is to be delivered next Wednesday and I to am very worried about all the issues I have been seeing here and on Reddit. It would be interesting to see how many of the new bike that have been delivered. If I have any issues on delivery I will have them take it back and will cancel the order. Too much money for these issues!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The support is terrible you have to wait 45mins to speak to someone then you have to switch the bike off. Then they promise to send an engineer out. But don't then they ask you take a picture of the bike before they will send an engineer out. I really didn't think customer support could be this bad. There is a real quality control problem with this product. I would recommend that you don't take delivery

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the exact error code and dead screen with my new Peloton+. Delivered Sept 12th and error code and dead screen occurred on Oct 1st. Waited for online tech for 30 mins. Immediately agreed to replace my bike, however, can't swap it out until November 6th!!!. Ridiculous! Throwing a few perks at me; a month free membership and a refund that doesn't cover the cost of the shoes. Appreciate the effort but my warranty started on Sept 12th and now I have no screen on my bike! Peloton store in Bethesda Maryland where I rode the bike and purchased it is unresponsive. Refuse to return my calls. Online service has been pretty good. In store service gets a failing grade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the exact error code and dead screen with my new Peloton+. Delivered Sept 12th and error code and dead screen occurred on Oct 1st. Waited for online tech for 30 mins. Immediately agreed to replace my bike, however, can't swap it out until November 6th!!!. Ridiculous! Throwing a few perks at me; a month free membership and a refund that doesn't cover the cost of the shoes. Appreciate the effort but my warranty started on Sept 12th and now I have no screen on my bike! Peloton store in Bethesda Maryland where I rode the bike and purchased it is unresponsive. Refuse to return my calls. Online service has been pretty good. In store service gets a failing grade.
I did get an email response giving me a date of 19 October when technician would come. But had to send countless pictures of the bike before the manager would let the technician visit. The email response are from an AI bot. What a shower

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue as everyone here. Waited almost a month to get the bike, had perfect surprise planned out for my wife. She walked in our home, blown away with excitement when she saw the bike. Went to setup and got the error message. Tech support telling me November 9th to replace. This is completely unacceptable and horrendous customer service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing happened with me. After my delivery when I went to ride my first ride the bike would not turn on an error code came on I got a brand new screen but it was still broken. two screens later and now no bike to ride on. I have to wait till November 22 to even get my bike serviced and a new bike delivered on November 9 to swap out. I feel like this is totally ridiculous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same issue as everyone here. Waited almost a month to get the bike, had perfect surprise planned out for my wife. She walked in our home, blown away with excitement when she saw the bike. Went to setup and got the error message. Tech support telling me November 9th to replace. This is completely unacceptable and horrendous customer service.
I agree

·
Registered
4 Posts
Day 2 - Called on Monday and spoke to hardware and software support - really felt bad for this gentlemen. Ask me to perform several steps that I have already performed multiple times and it did not fix issue. He ordered me a new bike and the earliest shipment day was Dec 7th. Since they took away my old bike that worked fine I am now without a bike for 2 months. Person on the phone offered to credit my subscription one month, again nothing against this fine gentleman, he is working within a script. Ask him to have his management call me and I am now waiting patiently.
So if I read the other people that are experiencing similar issue Peloton is experiencing some quality issues. Sad to say this issue could have been avoided if there was some simple quality check was done before shipping it to me. I also need to be blamed here for always wanting to be a fast adapter to new technology. I experienced the same pain when I was one of the first to buy an Apple Watch. In that case Apple was able to fix my issue within days not months. let's see where this journey takes me. I still have faith.
Same thing happened to me and I just want my old bike back I want to give them this bike and be done

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really just want my old bike back that they took away. This bike plus does not work and I feel like I have to wait now two months to get a new one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I FIXED IT!! After much searching, I found someone on Reddit who suggested swapping out the USB-C cable that is plugged in on the rear of monitor and above the brake mechanism. Took the cable from my MacBook and tried it. Worked immediately! Seems as if the issue is with a cable connection inside the bike stem and this bypasses it. Not sure if this will work for everyone but hopefully at least will get help from this. It's mind boggling that such a simple fix was not suggested by Peloton tech support. While I'm sure I will still need to wait for a proper repair/replacement from Peloton, at least this will allow me to have a functional bike in the meantime. :)
IMG_6037.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I FIXED IT!! After much searching, I found someone on Reddit who suggested swapping out the USB-C cable that is plugged in on the rear of monitor and above the brake mechanism. Took the cable from my MacBook and tried it. Worked immediately! Seems as if the issue is with a cable connection inside the bike stem and this bypasses it. Not sure if this will work for everyone but hopefully at least will get help from this. It's mind boggling that such a simple fix was not suggested by Peloton tech support. While I'm sure I will still need to wait for a proper repair/replacement from Peloton, at least this will allow me to have a functional bike in the meantime. :) View attachment 68
you are a genius - just tried on my bike+ that has not been working for 1 week since delivery and magically it is now working. Peloton community is the best. Like my previous post my replacement bike is not suppose to be delivered until Dec 7 (yes I said DEC) - now I can jump on a ride today and really give it a try. If we every have the opportunity to cross paths I owe you a drink or better unlimited drinks. A million thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a tech coming later this afternoon with a new tablet and to look at my bike+. I’m worried the actual bike is the issue and not the tablet so I’m not sure if a new tablet will help but we will see. I’ll update on here later after they do their thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a tech coming later this afternoon with a new tablet and to look at my bike+. I’m worried the actual bike is the issue and not the tablet so I’m not sure if a new tablet will help but we will see. I’ll update on here later after they do their thing.
Tech swapped out the tablet and the same error appeared like I predicted it would. I now have them scheduled to swap out the bike+ completely for a new one on Tuesday. Honestly if I have issues with this new bike+ next week I may just ask to downgrade to the original and ask for a refund for the difference in price. This is a bigger headache than it should be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tech swapped out the tablet and the same error appeared like I predicted it would. I now have them scheduled to swap out the bike+ completely for a new one on Tuesday. Honestly if I have issues with this new bike+ next week I may just ask to downgrade to the original and ask for a refund for the difference in price. This is a bigger headache than it should be.
Have you tried Evshulman's fix (post #50 above) of connecting the tablet and bike using an alternate USB-C cable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Woke up this morning to the same issue. I’ve had my Bike+ For 25 days. I tried Evshulman's fix (post #50 above) without luck. Called Peloton and they are swapping out my bike frame on Wednesday. Thank goodness for the Peloton application as I was able to try some new workouts while I miss 4 days of riding. Peloton’s customer support is taking care of me quickly. Thanks to this community for the helpful T/Sing advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with my Bike+ that was delivered yesterday. First it got stuck at 94% with calibration, kept telling me to unplug and wouldn't upgrade the firmware. We worked on it for 2 hours and finally got it to work by doing the following:
  • unplug all cables and power cable, pay special attention the one right above the flywheel
  • unplug power
  • plug everything back in
  • power on. When it gets to the "white screen", immediately hold down the Volume up and the power button for ~60 seconds
This is what finally fixed my bike+. I had a no call no show delivery 2 weeks ago, fought like hell to get my 10/27 delivery date moved up, then was so pissed that they peeled the plastic off the monitor even after we asked them not to (first world problems) and then delivered a dead bike! Fingers crossed I don't have this issue again. I sold a perfectly functioning OG Peloton and I've missed it so much.

error code.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
you are a genius - just tried on my bike+ that has not been working for 1 week since delivery and magically it is now working. Peloton community is the best. Like my previous post my replacement bike is not suppose to be delivered until Dec 7 (yes I said DEC) - now I can jump on a ride today and really give it a try. If we every have the opportunity to cross paths I owe you a drink or better unlimited drinks. A million thanks
Glad it worked for you!! Wish I could take full credit but I saw the fix on Reddit 🙃.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Bike+ was delivered yesterday and I've gone through a couple of upgrades, the calibration, a firmware update, and a couple of shorts rides so far without incident. The fact that folks are getting the error almost a month after delivery is worrisome though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got same error 20 min after delivery last week . The fix noted above ended up working. I have scheduled tech to come look / replace bike. Now almost wish it still had the error message so that they will replace the bike. I am Nervous that it may just be a short term solution and the bike may have issue - but if they see it’s working won’t replace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you tried Evshulman's fix (post #50 above) of connecting the tablet and bike using an alternate USB-C cable?
I did not, but they swapped out my frame with a new one today and everything seems to be working perfectly now. I was finally able to do my first ride! Crossing my fingers that the error doesn’t make a reappearance...

41 - 60 of 65 Posts