Peloton Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
242 Posts
Geez . . . I was planning on delivery just inside the door and I would take it from there and do the rest of the assembly & setup myself. Now I'm not sure if that's a good idea in case I have problems. Did you have XPO delivery service? If Peloton was doing the delivery, I wouldn't have a problem with them finishing the assembly & then doing the setup. I live in the mountains of WNC, so I doubt XPO delivers very many Peloton bikes around here (just my guess). So I don't really want XPO delivery drivers doing the assembly / setup on something they are not really familiar with.
I would have them set it up and make sure everything is working right - cadence, resistance, output, pedals tightened correctly, etc. It's a pain if there is a problem after they're gone and you have to wait days or weeks before you can start using it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are a genius! Just used my iPad cable and it worked fine. I am very surprised Peloton hasn’t figured this out yet. They are spending a lot of $ having techs visit customers and replacing bikes, and upsetting customers with the issue and lack of knowledge by the tech support. Simple decisions to save product $ can have big consequences...
Thanks!!

I FIXED IT!! After much searching, I found someone on Reddit who suggested swapping out the USB-C cable that is plugged in on the rear of monitor and above the brake mechanism. Took the cable from my MacBook and tried it. Worked immediately! Seems as if the issue is with a cable connection inside the bike stem and this bypasses it. Not sure if this will work for everyone but hopefully at least will get help from this. It's mind boggling that such a simple fix was not suggested by Peloton tech support. While I'm sure I will still need to wait for a proper repair/replacement from Peloton, at least this will allow me to have a functional bike in the meantime. :) View attachment 68

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my new bike+ delivered on Friday. I was swapping out the bike I received in August. It was delivered fine and seemed to work while the delivery people were there. Saturday when I went to ride it it wouldn't turn on. I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support. The screen works fine since plugging the power directly into it shows that. There is a problem between the back of the bike and the front. They set me up with a repair date for December 22 or later. That was not going to do. I asked them to get me my bike back (couldn't be far in 24 hours). They said they couldn't do that. I currently have a service date on October 30. They know that they are having this problem, yet continue to deliver bike+ to unsuspecting customers. When I told the second tech support person that they should do better quality control, he actually blamed Covid. They should stop selling them until they get this problem under control, but apparently their stock price is more important than their customers. Knowing this is a problem, they should have a way to deliver replacement bikes within 24 hours to people experiencing this issue.

I'm considering filing a class action (it's part of my legal practice) to get them to actually do quality control before delivery. It seems like this is a pretty widespread problem and their responses seem wholly inadequate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to #50 Evshulman for the USB cable post!

My Bike+ was delivered Monday and by Wednesday morning, the same error code everyone else here's seen appeared. I tried power cycling, unplugging the cables on the display, but I hadn't tried the other end of the USB-C cable by the flywheel.

I didn't have to go so far as to swap cables, but somehow flipping the USB-C cable upside down and reseating it worked. I figure it's possible that the cable jiggled out during a ride, but there's probably an issue with the cable or the input by the flywheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I FIXED IT!! After much searching, I found someone on Reddit who suggested swapping out the USB-C cable that is plugged in on the rear of monitor and above the brake mechanism. Took the cable from my MacBook and tried it. Worked immediately! Seems as if the issue is with a cable connection inside the bike stem and this bypasses it. Not sure if this will work for everyone but hopefully at least will get help from this. It's mind boggling that such a simple fix was not suggested by Peloton tech support. While I'm sure I will still need to wait for a proper repair/replacement from Peloton, at least this will allow me to have a functional bike in the meantime. :) View attachment 68
THIS WORKED! Although I didn’t have a MacBook cable, I flipped the cable that attaches at the bottom (near the wheel) and it worked!!!!....so the peloton symbol was facing up previously without working....I flipped it so it faces the ground and it WORKED!!!!! I’m def getting a Mac book cable too just in case. Thank you so much for posting this!!!! My replacement delivery was scheduled for DECEMBER 28th ....

61 - 65 of 65 Posts