Peloton Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
285 Posts
Geez . . . I was planning on delivery just inside the door and I would take it from there and do the rest of the assembly & setup myself. Now I'm not sure if that's a good idea in case I have problems. Did you have XPO delivery service? If Peloton was doing the delivery, I wouldn't have a problem with them finishing the assembly & then doing the setup. I live in the mountains of WNC, so I doubt XPO delivers very many Peloton bikes around here (just my guess). So I don't really want XPO delivery drivers doing the assembly / setup on something they are not really familiar with.
I would have them set it up and make sure everything is working right - cadence, resistance, output, pedals tightened correctly, etc. It's a pain if there is a problem after they're gone and you have to wait days or weeks before you can start using it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are a genius! Just used my iPad cable and it worked fine. I am very surprised Peloton hasn’t figured this out yet. They are spending a lot of $ having techs visit customers and replacing bikes, and upsetting customers with the issue and lack of knowledge by the tech support. Simple decisions to save product $ can have big consequences...
Thanks!!

I FIXED IT!! After much searching, I found someone on Reddit who suggested swapping out the USB-C cable that is plugged in on the rear of monitor and above the brake mechanism. Took the cable from my MacBook and tried it. Worked immediately! Seems as if the issue is with a cable connection inside the bike stem and this bypasses it. Not sure if this will work for everyone but hopefully at least will get help from this. It's mind boggling that such a simple fix was not suggested by Peloton tech support. While I'm sure I will still need to wait for a proper repair/replacement from Peloton, at least this will allow me to have a functional bike in the meantime. :) View attachment 68

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my new bike+ delivered on Friday. I was swapping out the bike I received in August. It was delivered fine and seemed to work while the delivery people were there. Saturday when I went to ride it it wouldn't turn on. I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support. The screen works fine since plugging the power directly into it shows that. There is a problem between the back of the bike and the front. They set me up with a repair date for December 22 or later. That was not going to do. I asked them to get me my bike back (couldn't be far in 24 hours). They said they couldn't do that. I currently have a service date on October 30. They know that they are having this problem, yet continue to deliver bike+ to unsuspecting customers. When I told the second tech support person that they should do better quality control, he actually blamed Covid. They should stop selling them until they get this problem under control, but apparently their stock price is more important than their customers. Knowing this is a problem, they should have a way to deliver replacement bikes within 24 hours to people experiencing this issue.

I'm considering filing a class action (it's part of my legal practice) to get them to actually do quality control before delivery. It seems like this is a pretty widespread problem and their responses seem wholly inadequate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to #50 Evshulman for the USB cable post!

My Bike+ was delivered Monday and by Wednesday morning, the same error code everyone else here's seen appeared. I tried power cycling, unplugging the cables on the display, but I hadn't tried the other end of the USB-C cable by the flywheel.

I didn't have to go so far as to swap cables, but somehow flipping the USB-C cable upside down and reseating it worked. I figure it's possible that the cable jiggled out during a ride, but there's probably an issue with the cable or the input by the flywheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I FIXED IT!! After much searching, I found someone on Reddit who suggested swapping out the USB-C cable that is plugged in on the rear of monitor and above the brake mechanism. Took the cable from my MacBook and tried it. Worked immediately! Seems as if the issue is with a cable connection inside the bike stem and this bypasses it. Not sure if this will work for everyone but hopefully at least will get help from this. It's mind boggling that such a simple fix was not suggested by Peloton tech support. While I'm sure I will still need to wait for a proper repair/replacement from Peloton, at least this will allow me to have a functional bike in the meantime. :) View attachment 68
THIS WORKED! Although I didn’t have a MacBook cable, I flipped the cable that attaches at the bottom (near the wheel) and it worked!!!!....so the peloton symbol was facing up previously without working....I flipped it so it faces the ground and it WORKED!!!!! I’m def getting a Mac book cable too just in case. Thank you so much for posting this!!!! My replacement delivery was scheduled for DECEMBER 28th ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tech swapped out the tablet and the same error appeared like I predicted it would. I now have them scheduled to swap out the bike+ completely for a new one on Tuesday. Honestly if I have issues with this new bike+ next week I may just ask to downgrade to the original and ask for a refund for the difference in price. This is a bigger headache than it should be.
Me too!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s a sensor issue next to the fly wheel. I took the plastic covering off, unplugged the 4 cables on the box on the left, whacked the box on the right with an screwdriver, reassembled it all and it worked. No error codes or crashes. They’re still swapping out the frame on nov 30. At lest I have a bike for the time being.

·
Super Moderator
285 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of people with issues on the Bike+. This is what I was afraid of and one reason I'm holding off upgrading right now. It's brutal to have a non-functional bike and have to wait months for a service appointment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That’s it!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I still have no bike to ride and a broken bike plus from DAY 1. I have called multiple times and asked for a manager and Still no response. I need a response NOW. This is very un expectable for a company who claims to be so good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I upgraded to the new Bike+ and sold my old bike. Bike+ got delivered yesterday. Everything was fine till it asked if I wanted to install the software update. Once the bike finished the update, I got a message.....There is an issue with your device Error code X01TPZ001. Call support. I called support and we tried to reset without any success so they are going to replaced the whole bike now(have to wait another 7days for delivery). Curious if any one else has seen this issue or error code. Thanks.
The same thing happened to me. My wife and I are new to Peleton and purchased the new Bike+. Within two weeks we had the error code X01TPZ001 and can now, no longer use the bike. I called customer service and they're replacing with a new bike but we have to wait TWO MONTHS! They offered nothing for this inconvenience. We still pay the same amount and can't use the bike taking up space in our home. It's been a terrible customer experience and I regret purchasing anything from Peleton.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm getting my bike+ delivered in 3 weeks to replace my bike that I've had for a month. These posts have made me nervous that there is a huge problem. Has anyone gotten the bike+ and had no such problems?
It is a huge problem and Peleton is extremely unhelpful. Once they have your money, you're stuck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I upgraded to the new Bike+ and sold my old bike. Bike+ got delivered yesterday. Everything was fine till it asked if I wanted to install the software update. Once the bike finished the update, I got a message.....There is an issue with your device Error code X01TPZ001. Call support. I called support and we tried to reset without any success so they are going to replaced the whole bike now(have to wait another 7days for delivery). Curious if any one else has seen this issue or error code. Thanks.
The same thing happened to me. My wife and I are new to Peleton and purchased the new Bike+. Within two weeks we had the error code X01TPZ001 and can now, no longer use the bike. I called customer service and they're replacing with a new bike but we have to wait TWO MONTHS! They offered nothing for this inconvenience. We still pay the same amount and can't use the bike taking up space in our home. It's been a terrible customer experience and I regret purchasing anything from Peleton.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue after my first ride. Waited 6 weeks to get the bike and now I have to wait 8 weeks for them to come and replace the bike. I can’t believe they are going to take 2 months to fix the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same happened to me. I am trying to reschedule the replacement now, not sure when it will come. I am thinking of returning and trying something else if it can't be resolved quickly though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same thing happened to us. We waited for our first delivery and our bike worked for 3 weeks and now we have to wait until January 6th (2 months) for delivery of a replacement. I've tried talking to Peloton and JB Hunt to move it up and no one is able to help. Existing customers should not be placed in the same que as people that order the bike today, it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The same thing happened to us. We waited for our first delivery and our bike worked for 3 weeks and now we have to wait until January 6th (2 months) for delivery of a replacement. I've tried talking to Peloton and JB Hunt to move it up and no one is able to help. Existing customers should not be placed in the same que as people that order the bike today, it's ridiculous.
same here - terrible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had my bike for about 3 weeks now and have used it 10 times. It took me a month to get it, had customer service hang up on me several times. There is no one to go to once you get bad service or no service at all. My 1st delivery never showed up. Now my bike is Bricked with an error code. The 1st date to get my replacement is January 11th over 2 months away. Now I have to battle Peloton again to try to get it any sooner. This company is such a disaster! I want to go work for them to revamp their customer service. They are pushing product and losing their good name to bad service. Product reliability is an issue but bad service is even worse. Wish I had bought the alternative bike option

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got our bike yesterday. technicians left, put my email address in the bike and bang! Bike asked me to turn off power as there was an error message. We now also have the dreaded error code on a brand new Bike +. Called customer service they asked us to unplug cables and reboot. Fixed. Customer service was actually good. Something tells me im going to be calling them again in a day out so. we shall see !

61 - 80 of 81 Posts