Peloton Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
agree 1000% with the sentiment here.......new scenic rides are weak, no output tracking or leaderboard and no interest in a guide - we NEED the old scenic rides and functionality RESTORED! I'm happy to call customer support but think that will just be filed away some where - does it make sense to make feelings known to Peloton out on social media in a coordinated way to draw attention?
That's a great idea! I'm down with a coordinated social media and online push. I'm happy to follow your lead. If I knew how to organize an online petition, I would do that...Happy to get word out on FB and Insta...but a group/class action approach might be best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If this is upsetting you, please reach out to Peloton Support to file a complaint.

I haven't even received my bike yet, but the scenic rides were half the reason I bought the damn thing, so I filed a complaint with support this morning. The more voices they hear, the better chance at a change we may see.
I submitted my complaint to support. It was deliberate and i think really really ill advised. They seem to want to drive people to only do the classes. They should have just removed 'just ride' and 'scenic rides' if that was the intent. They really crippled the best feature they had and the only reason competitive minded athletes use peloton. Time to get zwfit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I submitted my complaint to support. It was deliberate and i think really really ill advised. They seem to want to drive people to only do the classes. They should have just removed 'just ride' and 'scenic rides' if that was the intent. They really crippled the best feature they had and the only reason competitive minded athletes use peloton. Time to get zwfit.
Is zwfit something that will work on the peloton monitor? I'm down with switching if these changes are permanent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is zwfit something that will work on the peloton monitor? I'm down with switching if these changes are permanent.
not without a lot of effort. I have seen some forums indicate how but its not for the faint of heart. You have to connect to the Peloton computer via a cable and do all the install into Android OS yourself. Its same as putting any non Peloton content onto the Peloton bike. And i think it may not be stable against major upgrades. I will probably just get a seperate zwfit supportd trainer and put my bike on it.

I am also really upset with Peloton for the change. I hope a they are getting a lot of negative feedback.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
not without a lot of effort. I have seen some forums indicate how but its not for the faint of heart. You have to connect to the Peloton computer via a cable and do all the install into Android OS yourself. Its same as putting any non Peloton content onto the Peloton bike. And i think it may not be stable against major upgrades. I will probably just get a seperate zwfit supportd trainer and put my bike on it.

I am also really upset with Peloton for the change. I hope a they are getting a lot of negative feedback.
i'm sure they are. a nice concerted group online and social media effort blasting Peloton's "improvements" would probably help...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Brutal decision by Peloton! The leaderboard and following my best times was my biggest motivator to hop on the bike!
I'm with you. Meanwhile I went to the Official Peloton Member Facebook Group to try and garner a little support and gin up the base. The result: I was roundly ridiculed by hundreds of members for our opinion. The memes and gifs were flying about what a crybaby I was and why TF would I spend 25-hundred bucks just to take the scenic rides. A lot of haters out there. Sheesh...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm with you. Meanwhile I went to the Official Peloton Member Facebook Group to try and garner a little support and gin up the base. The result: I was roundly ridiculed by hundreds of members for our opinion. The memes and gifs were flying about what a crybaby I was and why TF would I spend 25-hundred bucks just to take the scenic rides. A lot of haters out there. Sheesh...
Brutal...I hope the powers that be are listening

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Scenic rides are why I bought the Peloton Bike. I just enjoy riding and having things to look at while listening to motivational music. Well, all that’s gone. I have no interest in Joe Jock classes which they already gutted last year for music rights infringment.

I got on to do a 20min ride.. 3 came up and the music was absolutely horrible.. Sonny and Cher, I got you babe.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Some idiot Board members probably didn’t get licensing for the music and they had to pull all the videos. Never the less this is a serious bone head move.
I’m back to using my Iphone for music and staring at the tv while I ride. What a huge waste of money. I won’t be recommending Peloton to anyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The scenic rides feature has such huge untapped potential. As a mountain biker , I bought my Peloton to rehab an injured knee that is keeping me off my real bike , and looked forward to the scenic rides . Needless to say between the bad graphic resolution and horrible music eg Sonny and Cher , I am deeply disappointed. The Monterey County ride , where I live , it was really sad to see how much this beautiful area was left out , and once again the poor blurry graphics, on a repeating loop no less .
I’m not into taking classes so I’m very unhappy with Peloton’s disregard for those of us who love off-road cycling . I hope the powers that be at Peloton can get it together.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That group is pretty brutal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am unbelievably upset right now.

I joined Peloton for the scenic ride feature.

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

My 30, 45 and 60 minute options have dwindled from 50 or 60 to a handful.

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

AND worst of all...there's NO LEADERBOARD.

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

PLUS it lets me know if I'm behind or ahead of my PR pace.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

And I now know that all my previous scenic ride options are gone.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

Otherwise, I will probably get bored quickly and abandon ship soo.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,
A dissatisfied, formerly-rabid Peloton supporting subscriber

Peter
I agree completely. Spoke with customer service and was told the leaderboard was taken away so that people would not feel like it was a competition! What a joke- If you don’t want it hide it but why ruin it for those who use the tool to motivate and maintain or beat previous times? Also 1 60 minute ride is a joke as well bring back all the proven and relied upon features and add new stuff. Peloton beyond missed the boat on this down, I mean “up”grade. Hope that enough complaints get them to fix their mistake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I second ALL of your sentiments. I’ve had a peloton bike for over 3 years and I didn’t do a TON of scenic rides but I found them to always be more self-motivating than the classes. Most of my pr’s were from the scenic rides. And it was nice to be able to choose appeasing scenery, listen to my own music, and ride how I felt that day without being told what to do.

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It. I mean, the leaderboard can be hidden anyway, so why take it away from everyone?!? [insert fumes here]

My complaint was also met with little reverence. For this reason, I’ve created a petition to bring the scenic rides and their accompanying leaderboards back. Here’s the link:

They may not listen to our complaints individually, but maybe as a collective they will.

A fellow disgruntled peloton owner,
Sara

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is absolute garbage. This feature was literally the whole reason I bought the bike!

I called customer service and complained. They sent me a survey email "to forward on your feedback". Also signed the change petition above.

Crazy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
agree 1000% with the sentiment here.......new scenic rides are weak, no output tracking or leaderboard and no interest in a guide - we NEED the old scenic rides and functionality RESTORED! I'm happy to call customer support but think that will just be filed away some where - does it make sense to make feelings known to Peloton out on social media in a coordinated way to draw attention?
Agree 100%.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried a scenic ride and turned it off. I agree the side footage of the instructor, while clearly
attempting to simulate the impression you are riding side-by-side with said instructor, is not a useful addition. Useful tools
would be the metrics others have mentioned in these posts or the auto resistance offered in recorded classes. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am puzzled that users would say they would not recommend the bike to others based solely on the bad rides experience. Wishing to shift to Zwift because of dissatisfaction with the rides feature seems extreme since it can be argued that classes, live and recorded are the bread and butter draw for this particular brand of bike. The all or nothing approach doesn’t seem to be working with those unhappy with delivery times and I suppose it won’t work with this issue either, if change is the desired outcome. Saying the bike is “terrible” people are “livid”, etc. is so unfortunate when a sense of extreme anger should be reserved for more pressing issues, like 300,000 cases of COVID per day in India. Stay the course, voice your unhappiness with the app for this is the design issue, not the bike.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts