Peloton Forum banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello all -- I'm new here but I've been actively voicing my disappointment on twitter about the scenic ride changes. FYI, today peloton's social media team tweeted out a video touting the "new, cinematic" scenic rides. If you have a twitter handle please go here to let them know how you feel:
thanks! added tweet expressing my disappointment in new scenic rides, appreciate you highlighting!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am unbelievably upset right now.

I joined Peloton for the scenic ride feature.

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

My 30, 45 and 60 minute options have dwindled from 50 or 60 to a handful.

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

AND worst of all...there's NO LEADERBOARD.

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

PLUS it lets me know if I'm behind or ahead of my PR pace.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

And I now know that all my previous scenic ride options are gone.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

Otherwise, I will probably get bored quickly and abandon ship soo.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,
A dissatisfied, formerly-rabid Peloton supporting subscriber

Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree 100%. I had scenic rides that were part of my routine and now are completely gone. This is a huge step backward and I'm considering dropping my $39 "all access" subscription. Very disappointed. I'll wait about a month to see what happens, but if they don't come back I'll simply cancel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello all -- I'm new here but I've been actively voicing my disappointment on twitter about the scenic ride changes. FYI, today peloton's social media team tweeted out a video touting the "new, cinematic" scenic rides. If you have a twitter handle please go here to let them know how you feel:
Just wrote this- I feel like the people who like them never even tried the old scenic rides. My friend wasnt even aware of them, so I pointed out that in my tweet!

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks! added tweet expressing my disappointment in new scenic rides, appreciate you highlighting!
Of course! Thank you as well! I'm so glad to find this board and a like minded community. When turned on my bike homecoming friday and first discovered all the scenic rides were wiped out (including my beloved alpaca ride, which I see was a favorite of many folks besides me!) I thought I was all alone in my disappointment. It's kind of bittersweetly nice to learn that I'm not? I hope we can get our scenic rides (and leaderboard) (and alpacas, etc) back!

·
Registered
22 Posts
This might be a tangent but my favorite ride was the Torres Del Paine the Chilean National Park. Where these (pic below) were everywhere! So thrilled when first took that ride video’d part of my ride. I really hope they listen to us, at the very least add some of these rides back. Also the leader board which so many I know miss!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great idea on downvoting them, I will do that.

Here is what I submitted to support via chat:

"The new Scenic rides are a disaster. I understand Peleton has to run a business but really? 1) You MUST reinstall the leaderboard - there is SO much chatter online about this. This was the ONLY reason I have a Peleton and 2) you need to increase the number of scenic rides so you have more options and 3) if you are going to do distance rides then how about 50K, 75K, 100K, 125K and not 5K and 10K. I am not running a foot race here.​
Those are my 3 suggestions. I am super disappointed at the Scenic Ride "update". The business unit who made this decision should all be fired."​

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am glad I found this board, although would have very much preferred Peloton had not given us the reason for creating it. Since I got my Peloton last year I have used scenic rides almost exclusively, and have enjoyed cycling my way around a world that has been out of reach physically due to the pandemic. I missed the announced change, and was not sure what was happening until I came here. I would just like to echo all the comments above. The replacement scenic rides are completely inadequate compared to what we had - a lack of variety, and no stats - which like many were for me a key motivator. I am a casual rider who uses the bike for fitness, but do not wish to join classes. The scenic rides were the ideal way for me to get benefit from my peloton. I really doubt the membership fee is worth it for me now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also frustrated by this. My wife and I share a bike. She likes the classes, but it was worth it for us to splurge on a nice bike because I liked the scenic rides too so we’d both use it regularly. I really enjoyed the variety of scenic ride choices and have no interest in a “guided ride.” The distance rides are also pretty short—I also like doing a ride for a set time because it’s more convenient to fit in my schedule (I know I can dedicate 15, 30, 45 min etc and then do something else). I also preferred the nature rides and, of the few rides that are remaining, a good chunk are in cities. I hope they change and bring back something like the old scenic rides.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got off the line with "support" - I'm so ticked! The only feature used was the 45 and 60 min scenic rides, which I already didn't think they had enough of. And it bugged me when they'd reuse footage on shorter rides. And what the heck were thinking taking away the leader board?? They told me they wanted to "provide a non-competitive environment" on the scenic rides. This is total BS because all a rider had to do was hide the leaderboard! They've got some tech issue they can't resolve I'd guess, perhaps relating to the new "guided rides" which, like Oak1112, I have zero interest in. I cant stand the spandex classes - last thing I want it some guy blathering all the way up Hwy 1.

Get a clue Peloton!! Why dont you ask you users what they want before taking away their functionality!

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,

Peter

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter
Did anyone notice that after you do one of the scenic rides now, it doesn't contain any output data or ANYTHING?? So, afterwards, I can't even see how many miles I rode, pace, nothing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes...how ridiculous is that? I'm so angry. Options are now limited to a handful of rides and NO LEADERBOARD.
This is an absolute disgrace. The scenic rides took you away somewhere completely different depending on your mood. The variety was its greatest attribute. No justification for removing the old rides. Only a concerted effort here will change this.
EVERYBODY must complain

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is an absolute disgrace. The scenic rides took you away somewhere completely different depending on your mood. The variety was its greatest attribute. No justification for removing the old rides. Only a concerted effort here will change this.
EVERYBODY must complain
I suspect it’s a commercial thing to do with the music deal. Always comes back to money. All of these changed without any discussion. Not good enough from what is a very expensive product

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did anyone notice that after you do one of the scenic rides now, it doesn't contain any output data or ANYTHING?? So, afterwards, I can't even see how many miles I rode, pace, nothing.
Is that because they are trying to take the competition aspect out of these rides?🤷‍♀️I think that was what they said. Others have mentioned you could just hide leader board. I feel like it wasn’t the real reason anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is that because they are trying to take the competition aspect out of these rides?🤷‍♀️I think that was what they said. Others have mentioned you could just hide leader board. I feel like it wasn’t the real reason anyway.
It just doesn't make sense at all as a real reason. The whole peloton brand, all their videos, marketing materials, even the definition of the word peloton, is to ride together in a group. So to take the leaderboard off all the scenic rides, turning them basically into YouTube videos is 🧐

I agree peloton needs to hear a sustained, concerted pushback to change this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also angry they deleted all the scenic rides and the leaderboard. I used the leaderboard to motivate me and now I can’t even see my previous times in real time. Will cancel my membership if they don’t fix this. Makes you wonder if they are cutting costs due to financial problems or if they just don’t care about their paying subscribers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't appear Peloton is taking us very seriously. There have been no official statements or comments anywhere that I have seen indicating they intend to address any of our complaints.

We will need to continue to put pressure on or I feel we will simply be ignored.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great idea on downvoting them, I will do that.

Here is what I submitted to support via chat:

"The new Scenic rides are a disaster. I understand Peleton has to run a business but really? 1) You MUST reinstall the leaderboard - there is SO much chatter online about this. This was the ONLY reason I have a Peleton and 2) you need to increase the number of scenic rides so you have more options and 3) if you are going to do distance rides then how about 50K, 75K, 100K, 125K and not 5K and 10K. I am not running a foot race here.​
Those are my 3 suggestions. I am super disappointed at the Scenic Ride "update". The business unit who made this decision should all be fired."​
have you gotten any response from Peloton? Or did you get their standard "sorry for any inconvenience"?

121 - 140 of 162 Posts