Peloton Forum banner
141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't appear Peloton is taking us very seriously. There have been no official statements or comments anywhere that I have seen indicating they intend to address any of our complaints.

We will need to continue to put pressure on or I feel we will simply be ignored.
what is the best way for us to put pressure on Peloton? I've tried Twitter, signing petitions & phone calls but I've only gotten their standard "sorry for any inconvenience" line. I just don't think there are enough of us to actually make an impact. But I'd love to hear ideas about how to put more pressure on them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what is the best way for us to put pressure on Peloton? I've tried Twitter, signing petitions & phone calls but I've only gotten their standard "sorry for any inconvenience" line. I just don't think there are enough of us to actually make an impact. But I'd love to hear ideas about how to put more pressure on them.
I'm really not sure, and it doesn't seem this forum has enough traffic to get a following going.

Perhaps reddit would be a place to spread the message around?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How do we get a groundswell around our goal of having the former scenic rides and leaderboard restored to sway opinions at Peloton?

Like many, I've called, tweeted and signed the petition but so far, these efforts seem to have had little impact - on the other hand, seeing 142 posts here, 4,000 forum views, 454 petition signees and countless scenic ride fans have called which is really encouraging. I've tweeted a bit, some have liked my tweets and certain twitter users have been pretty passionate but overall, our efforts seem a bit fragmented and apparently pretty easy for peloton to dismiss with generic responses.

Is there a way to better coordinate these efforts to reach our goal? Heck, maybe we create a twitter user "Restore Scenic Rides" and use a twitter feed to share awareness of poll, rider frustration, disappointment, etc. draw in some of the additional traffic from Peloton Forum threads and try to engender a groundswell of support!

Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas.

cc: @StanleyTTU @JudeB @AD1056 @Kitesurfdad @nabber @James Lincoln @NightRider @autherine @BrianRetired @kmaster2 @jelightfoot @Sharks.with.legs @Nordo
@T4L

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agree with everything I have read through here and have also tweeted, emailed and signed the petition. I have gone from being a rabid Peloton advocate who told anyone who would listen how much I love it, to being so disgruntled that I am likely to sell the bike. I’m beyond amazed by how little Peloton appear to care about their customers and how comfortable they appear to be in simply removing a feature completely. So sad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried several of the new rides. they are OK, just OK, the music was somewhat better in a couple of them (no Sonny & Cher). The scenery isn't nearly as interesting as the old rides AND there are so few of them! In a week you could go thru all the scenic rides available, including 5k and guided rides. I'm with you, I won't recommend Peloton any longer (and I did all the time). And I'm seriously thinking of selling mine. Paying $40 a month for a service I can no longer use on my iPad and the inferior quality of the scenic rides, I'm just not seeing the cost justification any longer. I am so bummed.

·
Super Moderator
5 Posts
For those of you looking to send Peleton direction feedback you can deliver feedback through multiple vehicles here: Peloton® | Exercise Bike With Indoor Cycling Classes Streamed Live & On-Demand.
As a former peleton skeptic who has now become a convert to the classes I'd encourage you to try different instructors. When I first started using my girlfriends peleton I wasn't too keen on it either but after finding 1 instructor that I really liked, I've expanded to others including non-powerzone workouts like HIIT and scenic rides. My son loves using it too and he races mountain bikes competitively.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those of you looking to send Peleton direction feedback you can deliver feedback through multiple vehicles here: Peloton® | Exercise Bike With Indoor Cycling Classes Streamed Live & On-Demand.
As a former peleton skeptic who has now become a convert to the classes I'd encourage you to try different instructors. When I first started using my girlfriends peleton I wasn't too keen on it either but after finding 1 instructor that I really liked, I've expanded to others including non-powerzone workouts like HIIT and scenic rides. My son loves using it too and he races mountain bikes competitively.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the classes and have a few instructors I use. But my primary biking experience was for the scenic rides. I'm 69, not very competitive and just enjoyed the ride and the scenery. The leaderboard was a good way to keep motivated and see whether or not you are improving. It's unfortunate they've made this decision and have made so many Peloton users so unhappy

·
Registered
3 Posts
The old scenic rides are completely purged? WTH?
couldn’t agree more, I don’t like the classes I just like to get onto the scenic rides and compete , the leaderboard was superbly well done. Now it’s just a boring bike. I get the main attraction for loads of folk are the classes but with several hundred thousand on the scenic rides there is a ton of motivation within the data that was produced. Surely peloton can do something to reinstate fir loyal subscribers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Everyone needs to contact Peloton via this link. Right now a lot of us have been going to various social media sites to complain about the scenic rides. But maybe if we all complain thru this same site we'll get some attention and maybe a resolution. There are only 24 damn scenic rides. And only 3 guided rides. I want my leader board back too. Peloton® | Exercise Bike With Indoor Cycling Classes Streamed Live & On-Demand

·
Registered
2 Posts
The old scenic rides are completely purged? WTH?
BAIT AND SWITCH......
I am with everyone else in this forum. I bought this Peloton and the monthly fees to get the scenic rides.
The last thing I want to do is sit through another class. I convinced others to get a Peloton for the same
reason. I could listen to music and meditate across great scenery around the world. And then they
cut 90% of them with no notice. I think you call this "bait and switch." Is this a way to cut costs?
Why would they punish us long riders by eliminating our reason for purchase.

My next bike will not be a Peloton and I will no longer be an advocate with free word of mouth
advertising. In fact I will discourage other rides. A real "bummer" as we use to say.........

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm seriously considering selling mine now that the rides are gone. And Peloton doesn't seem to care as we are a small share of their market. what I can't understand is why they couldn't leave the existing scenic rides and leaderboard and then add their new programs. Why was that a problem? so so disappointed, especially after the output of $$$$s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have been very disappointed by the change to Peloton's scenic rides. Most serious cyclists scoff at the idea of using Peloton as a training tool. Personally, I found the scenic rides to be a great workout option when I didn't have time for an actual ride. The leaderboard kept me motivated and I found the scenery to be far more enjoyable than listening to the instructors talk about their favorite music while encouraging users to expend minimal effort.

I encourage everyone on this forum to take all available steps to encourage Peloton to bring back their old scenic rides. However, for those that are looking for a way to track your progress in the mean time, posting on Strava will give you an opportunity to see your leaderboard rank. This is far less convenient than the old method, and by not having live metrics, it is far less motivating. However, for now, it is better than nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am unbelievably upset right now.

I joined Peloton for the scenic ride feature.

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

My 30, 45 and 60 minute options have dwindled from 50 or 60 to a handful.

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

AND worst of all...there's NO LEADERBOARD.

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

PLUS it lets me know if I'm behind or ahead of my PR pace.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

And I now know that all my previous scenic ride options are gone.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

Otherwise, I will probably get bored quickly and abandon ship soo.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,
A dissatisfied, formerly-rabid Peloton supporting subscriber

Peter
Totally agree. Cannot imagine the business reasons Pelaton has take such steps! We want the scenic trips AND leaderboard restored!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am unbelievably upset right now.

I joined Peloton for the scenic ride feature.

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

My 30, 45 and 60 minute options have dwindled from 50 or 60 to a handful.

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

AND worst of all...there's NO LEADERBOARD.

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

PLUS it lets me know if I'm behind or ahead of my PR pace.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

And I now know that all my previous scenic ride options are gone.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

Otherwise, I will probably get bored quickly and abandon ship soo.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,
A dissatisfied, formerly-rabid Peloton supporting subscriber

Peter
It is rare you see a company treat their customer as badly as Peloton has done their scenic riders.
Why did they do this? Cost cutting? Did the rides become so popular that the cloud storage
became unaffordable? Why not raise the price in that case? Between the treadmill fiasco
and stabbing their loyal riders in the back............ I predict their future is limited. If you own
stock, sell it. Whoever is in charge now....... is not focused on a large group of loyal and
supportive customers and will make more strategic errors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post... I joined the forum to add my voice here... 1+ year bike owner who was a brand fanatic... 100 ride pin, was going to buy a tread+ (right at the time they became impossible to get) etc.

We were a Peloton family and scenic rides were maybe my favorite feature of Peloton. After a couple month hiatus from a knee injury, I log in and find they are now just beyond terrible. Tonight I chose Seville Spain and ended the ride halfway through in disgust- terrible scenery, terrible music. I chose Santa Monica last night, and while bearable... the fun was gone, the scenery was meh (pretty tough thing to do in socal).

I literally had a friend that was going to buy a Peloton bike on my recommendation and I called them tonight and told them to hold until i could reacquaint myself and shared the story of the scenic rides.

JMO of course, but this is how a company loses it's segment dominance... one customer at a time.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts