Peloton Forum banner
161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am unbelievably upset right now.

I joined Peloton for the scenic ride feature.

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

My 30, 45 and 60 minute options have dwindled from 50 or 60 to a handful.

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

AND worst of all...there's NO LEADERBOARD.

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

PLUS it lets me know if I'm behind or ahead of my PR pace.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

And I now know that all my previous scenic ride options are gone.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

Otherwise, I will probably get bored quickly and abandon ship soo.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,
A dissatisfied, formerly-rabid Peloton supporting subscriber

Peter

I wholeheartedly agree with all the remarks about the new scenic rides and the loss of the previously wonderful scenic rides we used to enjoy. My husband and I haven’t been on the bike since our scenic rides were deleted. The new ones are really lame. No way we would pay another $10 for an app to access them. We already pay out enough to Peloton. Hope they listen.
Cristina and Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,

Peter
What a blunder to take away so many used and needed features plus the vast catalogue of rides. I am totally upset with Peloton for this change...it is NOT an upgrade but a take away. I need the leaderboard to assess y improvement over time...C'mon....get the functionality and more rides back!!!
Agree fully. Absolutely LOVED long scenic rides and monitoring my pace via leaderboard. Suddenly leaderboard is gone? Rides are short? And classes restricted to starting at Week 1? I loved my Peloton bike until without warning you removed these features. PLEASE reinstate leaderboard and long rides!!! PLEASE return flexibility to class starting points!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know about the old scenic rides, but I just completed my first, Big Sur. And man, that was NOT what I was hoping for / expecting. A scenic ride should be 95% staring down the road to simulate riding, maybe pan the camera left or right to see something interesting. And I understand you can't do it all in one shot, but do some cross-dissolves or use that as the opportunity for a quick drone shot. This course included an obscene number of closeups on the instructor's face or his back.

It makes no sense - he just keeps saying over and over "just look at this amazing view! wow! this is iconic" yet we're just looking at him gawking at the scenery. Near the end is another loving closeup of his face talking about how wonderful the view is, then it cuts to 20 seconds of staring at his butt. If I want to stare at an instructor I'll take one of the traditional spin classes. This is supposed to be 'scenic.'

Oh and also, I have to note, I saw footage reused at least a couple times, the most egregious of which was the same stretch of road with 3 guys on ATV's watching the peloton parade go by. You couldn't find 30 minutes of material on Route 1 without reusing some?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m late to the party here, but wanted to voice that I am completely aligned with the complaints lodged by the discussion starter. I know change is hard, but to go from the amount of choices we had to this is more than just a change. It’s a massive reduction in service provided.

I agree 100% with the reaction to the “distance” rides as well. 5 and 10km is ok for running, but biking?

Don’t even get me started with the lack of leaderboard. That must come back.

I can live with change. I even enjoy it most of the time. Just triple the number of scenic rides (at a minimum), add 15km, 20km, and 30km distance rides, and bring back the leaderboard and I will be a very happy subscriber.

·
Registered
2 Posts
after chiming in weeks ago, i've been giving the new rides a chance at least once a week. it's been hard to do it more frequently, just because i haven't been drawn to them any longer.

i'm sorry, but i just can't help it - they still don't work for me... i will say there were a couple of pleasant surprises with music, but mostly not there either.

the current selection is scant, yes, but there are other issues. first, the unengaging and sometimes puzzling camera work. the actual locations are not at all inspiring. i wonder how peloton selected what to shoot? and the updated music can be nice, as i said, but generally i actually much prefer the background-type pieces in the old version. these will grow old super fast, because they are so recognizeable.

anyway, it seems that the complaints are dying down and i'm not sensing any interest in peloton in moving forward with any solutions. it's really too bad. my enthusiasm for the bike has totally dwindled.. sigh

·
Registered
26 Posts
after chiming in weeks ago, i've been giving the new rides a chance at least once a week. it's been hard to do it more frequently, just because i haven't been drawn to them any longer.

i'm sorry, but i just can't help it - they still don't work for me... i will say there were a couple of pleasant surprises with music, but mostly not there either.

the current selection is scant, yes, but there are other issues. first, the unengaging and sometimes puzzling camera work. the actual locations are not at all inspiring. i wonder how peloton selected what to shoot? and the updated music can be nice, as i said, but generally i actually much prefer the background-type pieces in the old version. these will grow old super fast, because they are so recognizeable.

anyway, it seems that the complaints are dying down and i'm not sensing any interest in peloton in moving forward with any solutions. it's really too bad. my enthusiasm for the bike has totally dwindled.. sigh
I feel the same way. I've tried some of the new offerings and came away disappointed. Peloton keeps emailing me to ask why I've been inactive and I tell them about the scenic ride issues. They agree, say others have complained and they'll let their IT people know. but still no changes. Paused my subscription starting tomorrow for 2 months. will re-evaluate in September. If it's still the same, my bike will be on the market. I can't describe how terribly disappointed I am in Peloton and their inability to serve more than just one market.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I feel the same way. I've tried some of the new offerings and came away disappointed. Peloton keeps emailing me to ask why I've been inactive and I tell them about the scenic ride issues. They agree, say others have complained and they'll let their IT people know. but still no changes. Paused my subscription starting tomorrow for 2 months. will re-evaluate in September. If it's still the same, my bike will be on the market. I can't describe how terribly disappointed I am in Peloton and their inability to serve more than just one market.
Thank you for the update. I will have to check my email to see if they contacted me. I haven’t used it since they removed the scenic routes😩

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I've given the new ones a try for a few weeks too. They aren't bad, exactly. But they are a long way from good. There are way too few, way too little variety, and the claim that they sync up to the speed you are peddling is comical. I'm sorry, if I'm peddling hard, and high resistance, on flat asphalt, on a downward slope, I'm not going to be doing the same speed as a slow jog. That's just dumb. It's literally 1/4 the speed I should be moving in those conditions.

And that's saying nothing about the ridiculous lack of a leaderboard and visible history.

·
Registered
1 Posts

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter
Yes it’s just insane, me an a buddy used to do the scenic rides together while in our weekly meeting slot, and we would compete while ironing out business issues (lol), but the other day we jumped on and, poof, gone - quite frustrating

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes it’s just insane, me an a buddy used to do the scenic rides together while in our weekly meeting slot, and we would compete while ironing out business issues (lol), but the other day we jumped on and, poof, gone - quite frustrating
Have you signed the petition?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can’t agree more, peloton was a great company but their Management has failed it’s subscribers terribly.
I to I’m just a Scenic rider and can’t believe that anyone in their marketing/sales mgmt would let this happen. I have mechanical engineering background and can attest the bikes/ Treadmills are Quality products. There was a issue with a very small percentage of the new treads having an issue with the mounting Screws that attach the monitor to the frame. This problem could have been easily handled by sending repair crews out . And the corporate decision to pull the tread+ was another Mangement folly a $20 plexiglass shield at the back of the unit would have saved this company more than one hundred million dollars or more . It is with hope that the board of directors sees the inept Mangement from the President right on down and makes corrections before it’s to late . Restore the Scenic routes , Return both the tread and tread + to the sales floor !!! My 11 year old Grandson could make better corporate decisions the their current mgmt .
AjG .

·
Registered
5 Posts
#bringbackleaderboard #bringbackscenicrides I've called, stopped into a Peloton store, chatted with three different Peloton reps online, and emailed about the removal of the leaderboard in the scenic rides. In all of these instances all of the Peloton employees have acted as if the removal of the leaderboard (and the old platform/many scenic rides) was only an issue for me. This was something that they had not heard about being a problem. It would be lovely if a Peloton rep actually addressed this problem and made a statement concerning the problem, but the company doesn't seem to care that at least 884 customers as of July 2021 are unhappy with their product. I don't know if there was a legal issue causing them to remove the old scenic rides, but given that they didn't remove the leaderboard from their instructor-lead rides, i cannot think of one good reason that they cannot provide the leaderboard function to the scenic rides again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Math is pretty simple Using Patti’s Number of 884 customers that have complained about the scenic rides ( and I’m sure that number is very light)
The monthly Fee is $49.00 dollars x 12 = $588
$588 x 884people = $519,792.00 !!! Their sales department would have a collective Cardiac arrest if those 884 subscribers dropped out or put there Subscriptions on hold .

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Math is pretty simple Using Patti’s Number of 884 customers that have complained about the scenic rides ( and I’m sure that number is very light)
The monthly Fee is $49.00 dollars x 12 = $588
$588 x 884people = $519,792.00 !!! Their sales department would have a collective Cardiac arrest if those 884 subscribers dropped out or put there Subscriptions on hold .
I've put my account on hold for 2 months until I see if they add the rides back. Not feeling very hopeful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just did a ride --AND the LEADERBOARD is Back on the scenic rides... can anyone else see it? There also appears to be more rides, but I was so excited (and a little hypoxic post ride)--I wanted to let you all know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just did a ride --AND the LEADERBOARD is Back on the scenic rides... can anyone else see it? There also appears to be more rides, but I was so excited (and a little hypoxic post ride)--I wanted to let you all know.
OMG that's fabulous! how many total scenic rides are there now??

·
Registered
5 Posts
OMG that's fabulous! how many total scenic rides are there now??
35 timed rides: three 60 min, two 45 min, six 30 min, five 20 min, eight 15 min, and eleven 10 min, plus the 7 new distance rides (four 10 km, three 5 km) and the 3 new guided tours (one 20 min, and two 30 min).

161 - 180 of 193 Posts