Peloton Forum banner

New "improved" scenic rides - anything but!

43K views 201 replies 82 participants last post by  etz 
#1 Ā·
I am unbelievably upset right now.

I joined Peloton for the scenic ride feature.

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

My 30, 45 and 60 minute options have dwindled from 50 or 60 to a handful.

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

AND worst of all...there's NO LEADERBOARD.

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

PLUS it lets me know if I'm behind or ahead of my PR pace.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

And I now know that all my previous scenic ride options are gone.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

Otherwise, I will probably get bored quickly and abandon ship soo.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,
A dissatisfied, formerly-rabid Peloton supporting subscriber

Peter

See less See more
#52 Ā·

I'm not a classes guy; I like to ride the bike through peloton scenery for 30, 45 or 60 minutes EVERY DAY. The variety of rides AND the leaderboard have sustained me. I've dropped 30 pounds in the last couple of months. I've looked forward to my daily rides.

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Peloton's new scenic ride "improvements" are anything but an improvement for me...

The distance options are useless because the longest ride is 10K (much less than my standard ride)

That's the feature I've relied on to keep myself grinding and competitive during rides.

Now I've been told through an online chat with customer "support," that the Leaderboard is no longer a feature on the new scenic rides.

Poof!

In what universe, did they think this would be good for their loyal subscribers?

I get that they wanted to come up with some new bells and whistles, but these new tech wrinkles should have been in addition to what already existed, not at their expense.

I'm so disappointed in Peloton; especially after I've been raving about it since getting my bike in December.

I hope they'll add more options in the 30, 45 and 60 minute range and that you re-instill the leaderboard feature.

On the bright side, at least I don't have a treadmill. So I won't get mangled while exercising.

Sincerely,

Peter
Well put , thanks.

#56 Ā· (Edited)
This move will go down in the annuls of marketing blunders. Way to alienate a large portion of your ridership! When I did those rides I would see ride counts above 100,000 and see people who are serious cyclists above me on the leaderboard. Do the simple math, factor in some duplication and thatā€™s how many people are not happy.
I understand there were some issues with the peloton app, and the 3rd party company providing these rides, but this is a downgrade. Yes the new rides have a few nice features at the expense of the here now & segmented leader board, moreover rhey are paltry & short. Did two ā€˜longā€™ rides in just over an hour.

#57 Ā·
Iā€™m very upset about the loss of the scenic rides.
Iā€™ve sent messages to the customer service but to no avail
Quite upsetting
What can we do about this?

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter

#59 Ā·

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter
to anyone who would like to see the scenic rides back, please direct message @onepeloton on Twitter. They are responding and taking the complaints higher up. Maybe if lots of us keep the pressure on they may bring the rides back. It's worth a try. You can also email via their web page or call CS and ask for them to file your complaint. There are all kinds of ways to show your displeasure, including a petition. don't give up!

#60 Ā·

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter
I couldnā€™t agree more. Literally the night before the update I was going through and bookmarking all of the ones I still had to take and was excited. The next day every single one I wanted to do was gone. Theyā€™ve cut most of them out and there is no leader board anymore. Complete garbage. Iā€™m not exaggerating when I say I thought about getting rid of my peloton bike now, I donā€™t like the classes

#61 Ā·

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter

#62 Ā·
So disappointed!!! My favorite part of Peleton and what I look forward to on my Sundayā€™s, is the scenic rides! I do take the instructor rides but the scenic rides are the time when I choose my own music and am free to ride as I see fit. I agree with all of you here, why purge every scenic ride, if its a matter of space then maybe ask for those paying for the service for feedback, on how to approach the change. There were a few rides with animals I enjoyed seeing and I will miss the variety of places I could any given day! Going to send an email hope you all are too!

#92 Ā·
The animals!!! You're right - those alpacas hopping over the fences in Argentina next to the blue glaciers. Gone!! I sent an email, online-chatted with a drone with a script in front of her, signed a petition and had a friend who's friends with someone high up at Peloton, who's responses was "the scenic rides are much improved."

They don't get it. Or, more likely, don't want to get it.

#66 Ā·

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter
I have purchased 5 bikes for myself and/or family members.....the ONLY feature I used was scenic rides and leaderboard. Then one day, no notice, Peloton makes makes my $10k investment worthless to me. I literally can't believe that a company would do that. I have taken ZERO classes (my family members have done some). Unbelievable. FOR SALE: Peloton Bikes with *NEW UPGRADED Software.....enjoy !!

#68 Ā·

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter
I have purchased 5 bikes for myself and/or family members.....the ONLY feature I used was scenic rides and leaderboard. Then one day, no notice, Peloton makes makes my $10k investment worthless to me. I literally can't believe that a company would do that. I have taken ZERO classes (my family members have done some). Unbelievable. FOR SALE: Peloton Bikes with *NEW UPGRADED Software.....enjoy !! I signed the petition generated on here and donated.....I also called Customer Service....and they said they have been hearing this and working on it.....hopefully they fix the total blunder.

#73 Ā·
I too found the scenic rides with leaderboard as a very motivating factor to get on my bike. This recent upgrade to take that away is bad move. I called their support number 1(866)679-9129 and basically understood that did not think anyone was using that feature. I find that hard to believe with all that usage data they must be collecting. I encourage everyone to call and complain.

#74 Ā·
I emailed Peloton the following feedback:

ā€œNOT HAPPY that Peloton decided to make an update to their software and in doing so decided to remove almost all the Scenic Rides and the Leaderboard option. We recent purchased a Peloton bike because we liked this option. In a matter of a week after receiving our bike this all went away. NOT HAPPY!

I chatted with Peloton today and was told that Peloton no longer views Scenic Rides and Leaderboards as competitive so removed this function.

I feel that Peloton didnā€™t like their subscribers not utilizing their Classes so is trying to force customers to Classes. Also, who decided that Scenic Rides with Leaderboards isnā€™t competitive? It not only is competitive but also motivational and social.

Iā€™m stuck with my bike as it is now but truly hope the Peloton decision makers listen to their subscribers. I plan to guide my fellow cyclists away from Peloton. Remember = We are the consumers.ā€

#77 Ā·
I emailed Peloton the following feedback:

ā€œNOT HAPPY that Peloton decided to make an update to their software and in doing so decided to remove almost all the Scenic Rides and the Leaderboard option. We recent purchased a Peloton bike because we liked this option. In a matter of a week after receiving our bike this all went away. NOT HAPPY!

I chatted with Peloton today and was told that Peloton no longer views Scenic Rides and Leaderboards as competitive so removed this function.

I feel that Peloton didnā€™t like their subscribers not utilizing their Classes so is trying to force customers to Classes. Also, who decided that Scenic Rides with Leaderboards isnā€™t competitive? It not only is competitive but also motivational and social.

Iā€™m stuck with my bike as it is now but truly hope the Peloton decision makers listen to their subscribers. I plan to guide my fellow cyclists away from Peloton. Remember = We are the consumers.ā€
If it is true that thought it wasn't a competitive option, I would say not everyone bought their bike for that reason. Some people like myself like to have an option that is enjoyable, healthy but without coaching. They have plenty of those options available, at the very least add donā€™t subtract!

#76 Ā·

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter

#81 Ā·
I completely agree... It's just sad. Like all things, this was obviously financially motivated. My guess is they felt they were paying too much to Virtual Active for their videos.

Still, no transparency in communication, no other options to members. So disappointing.

I sent an e-mail to customer support, but, of course, expect nothing to change. Shame..

Walter

#84 Ā·
I signed up for the forum just to comment. This is a total cluster and I am likely going to cancel my membership. 153 rides, all of which were scenic rides, and 30lbs lost to find out that nearly everything I enjoyed about the Peloton disappeared without my consent. Its a paperweight now.

I tried to leave a one star review on the peloton site but it "surprisingly" hasnt sent me an email to verify my post. What a joke. I'm going to give it 30 days and if its not all back - my peloton will be for sale at only 2 years old.

BTW I signed the petition.

#85 Ā·
I signed up for the forum just to comment. This is a total cluster and I am likely going to cancel my membership. 153 rides, all of which were scenic rides, and 30lbs lost to find out that nearly everything I enjoyed about the Peloton disappeared without my consent. Its a paperweight now.

I tried to leave a one star review on the peloton site but it "surprisingly" hasnt sent me an email to verify my post. What a joke. I'm going to give it 30 days and if its not all back - my peloton will be for sale at only 2 years old.

BTW I signed the petition.
I too just signed up just to comment on this one issue, that has me so upset. Hopefully they will take all of this feedback and correct this bad decision! There is a petition in this thread (if you havenā€™t already signed it)
Congratulations on your weight lossšŸ˜Š

#86 Ā·
Please give back the Scenic rides, as they were before. These are the only ones that my husband does on our Bike+ (he doesn't participate in the classes like me). Currently, there are now only three 20 minute rides (with crappy music), whereas before there were probably 20 or more! This was not a good decision on the part of Peloton management to eliminate the only thing that my husband uses the bike for!

#87 Ā·

UNTIL YESTERDAY

Poof!

Sincerely,

Peter

#103 Ā· (Edited)
Came across this article that stated only 10% of Peleton cycle users used the scenic routes in last 3 months... suggesting they deleted them due to lack of usage. According to another article there are 4.4 million (not sure of equipment) Peleton subscribers, so even 10% still significant.

#104 Ā·
I too signed the petition. I combine a scenic ride with a class ride. The scenic ride provides a sort of moving meditation for me and was incredibly helpful during lockdown to not feel so trapped inside. I was systematically going through each ride and created a list of places I want to visit. I found the scenic rides to be a great warmup and cool down process that allowed me to be inside my own head. Hopefully the petition will help bring them back because I really am disappointed in this decision.

#105 Ā·
This was the response to my email complaint.

"Thank you for contacting Peloton!

We're sorry to hear that you are not liking our most recent update. We really appreciate you taking the time to pass on your feedback. We'll be sure to share this with our team.

Thank you for being a part of Peloton!

If you have any other feedback or questions, please feel free to write in at any time."

#106 Ā·
This was the response to my email complaint.

"Thank you for contacting Peloton!

We're sorry to hear that you are not liking our most recent update. We really appreciate you taking the time to pass on your feedback. We'll be sure to share this with our team.

Thank you for being a part of Peloton!

If you have any other feedback or questions, please feel free to write in at any time."
Yes my response was similar looked exactly like one I saw on TwitteršŸ˜

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.