Peloton Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm waiting for my gym membership to expire and once it does I'm seriously considering Peloton as my next option. I'm new to forums so please forgive me if I make any mistakes on here. I look forward to learning more about Peloton and seeing what everyone thinks about it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome!
Have you looked into any other bikes or just the Peloton so far? Curious to know what others have been comparing it to. I'm sure over time our options will grow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone! thanks for the warm welcome. @Sam I've only looked at the Peloton so far because it was the first one recommended to me. If you have any other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. @ftrider My plan is to work out from home, the nearest studio a bit too far for me to be able to consistently get there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi everyone! thanks for the warm welcome. @Sam I've only looked at the Peloton so far because it was the first one recommended to me. If you have any other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. @ftrider My plan is to work out from home, the nearest studio a bit too far for me to be able to consistently get there.
Fair enough.
I know for some people their condo gym is also an option and some have been successful in getting condo boards to get new equipment like this. Do you live in a condo/apartment or house?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair enough.
I know for some people their condo gym is also an option and some have been successful in getting condo boards to get new equipment like this. Do you live in a condo/apartment or house?
I live in a house so that won't work unfortunately.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have you looked at any other machines that rival with the Peloton? Like those mentioned throughout this forum? Many others are out there and I suggest you start with going through some reviews to get a base line.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Curious to know as well.

Zwift is another major player fighting for our dollars that makes it hard to pick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Curious to know as well.

Zwift is another major player fighting for our dollars that makes it hard to pick.
I haven't had a chance to check out Zwift yet but I'm definitely going to now. Have you used it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going through Zwift's website the other day and it seems like it's meant for actual cyclists. Is this the case or am I completely missing the mark?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was going through Zwift's website the other day and it seems like it's meant for actual cyclists. Is this the case or am I completely missing the mark?
not sure what you mean by "actual cyclists," what were you expecting to see?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not sure what you mean by "actual cyclists," what were you expecting to see?
I just mean that it seems more for people who go on long distance rides on road bikes. Sorry that should've been worded better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It has that aspect but a Peloton-like experience can be had if you want a competitive environment
Correct.
Haven't tried zwift myself but the more entry-level experience of the Peloton will be largely preferred by me and many. Moving to Zwift later on might be possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has that aspect but a Peloton-like experience can be had if you want a competitive environment
Correct.
Haven't tried zwift myself but the more entry-level experience of the Peloton will be largely preferred by me and many. Moving to Zwift later on might be possible.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah lots of people get confused, all platforms have their unique purpose.
Too bad price isn't one of them on the Peloton.
I believe there's a void left for something more mainstream that's just waiting to be launched.
A LOT of people are turned off by the Pelotons price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The price is one thing that has motivated me to ride. I figure why did I spend so much money if I am not going to ride the thing. LOL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts