Peloton Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, after 3 months of waiting and being rescheduled twice, my Bike+ finally arrived today. I had some trouble clicking in at first , but once I got going I had a good time on my first ride. Can I just say my butt is killing me. I tried to do another ride a few hours later and couldn't take sitting so had to get off. It's not muscle soreness from the workout. PLEASE TELL ME THIS GETS BETTER!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, it will get better. Make sure you wear high quality padded shorts (no underwear underneath; leads to chaffing). Make sure you sit properly on the seat (rear of the saddle) and take it easy for the first couple of rides. Also get out of the saddle and reposition every once in a while to give your rear a break. Your body will adjust in a week or two.

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! Yes, it gets better quickly. I agree that the most important thing is to make sure you have high quality, comfortable padded bike shorts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it gets better! What class did you take for your first one?
Glad to hear it, I did Cody's 20 min beginner ride. My butt was a little uncomfortable during the ride, but after time went on during the day, I noticed how sore it was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations and welcome! Yes, it gets better quickly. I agree that the most important thing is to make sure you have high quality, comfortable padded bike shorts!
Thank you, I'm already looking for some!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it will get better. Make sure you wear high quality padded shorts (no underwear underneath; leads to chaffing). Make sure you sit properly on the seat (rear of the saddle) and take it easy for the first couple of rides. Also get out of the saddle and reposition every once in a while to give your rear a break. Your body will adjust in a week or two.
I have to assess my seat situation today, I was definitely on the rear of the saddle, but remember feeling like I was leaning forward a little. Not sure if that's normal, but felt like I wasn't sitting in the back of my butt bone if that makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
Another thing that's a good idea is making sure you have your bike set up correctly - seat height and depth and handlebars. Here's a video by Hannah which goes through it. Also, when you're getting started try to focus on form so you develop good habits - toes straight ahead, don't hunch over, loose grip on the handlebars, etc.
Have fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thing that's a good idea is making sure you have your bike set up correctly - seat height and depth and handlebars. Here's a video by Hannah which goes through it. Also, when you're getting started try to focus on form so you develop good habits - toes straight ahead, don't hunch over, loose grip on the handlebars, etc.
Have fun!
Thank you for that, I watched a bunch of other videos and that was by far the best one available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, after 3 months of waiting and being rescheduled twice, my Bike+ finally arrived today. I had some trouble clicking in at first , but once I got going I had a good time on my first ride. Can I just say my butt is killing me. I tried to do another ride a few hours later and couldn't take sitting so had to get off. It's not muscle soreness from the workout. PLEASE TELL ME THIS GETS BETTER!
So, my Bike arrived a week ago but I had to get a gel seat cover from Amazon. I ended up getting the Bikeroo Large Gel Seat cover after researching them. It helps SOOOOO MUCH! It fits perfect stays in place and is very stable. I highly recommend getting some kind of gel cover. Love my Peloton even more now!

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
So, my Bike arrived a week ago but I had to get a gel seat cover from Amazon. I ended up getting the Bikeroo Large Gel Seat cover after researching them. It helps SOOOOO MUCH! It fits perfect stays in place and is very stable. I highly recommend getting some kind of gel cover. Love my Peloton even more now!
Welcome! What rides have you been doing to get started?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts