Peloton Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone actually understand the cadence cables and the issue with it not reporting? I have the issue now and have read the plethora of suggested responses where it seems 'switch it off and on again' is the most likely action. But it doesn't work. I've taken the front of the bike apart and can see the red light on the flywheel working, so the issue is either it reading the cadence, a break in the cable, or the connection plugs on the bottom on the monitor. Mechanically wiggling it all has worked before by chance, but not now. Replacing the screen for the sake of a possible failing 3.5mm jack connection is crazy and £600 for an entire monitor for what is a cheap part to supply and fit, I'd have thought.

So my question is, does anyone here have any deeper insights into this problem and how to resolve? Any Peleton service engineers maybe? Any thoughts appreciated. How do I get this resolved out of warranty? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
287 Posts
Hi. I have seen this quite a bit. It seems to be often resolved by checking the connection and/or resetting the tablet but not always. There's a guy named Howard Rubin who wrote an unofficial Peloton user guide which can be found here. On page 8 he has a couple more specific things to try out including a picture.

If that doesn't help, I would start a chat with Peloton support here. They may be able to send you parts like a replacement cable before resorting to sending out a technician or telling you that you need a new tablet.

This site has no official affiliation with Peloton.

Sorry to hear about your issue. What a pain. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this issue on and off for over a year. Would have to take the plug out and put it back in to get it to work. It finally gave out last week and the entire jack into which the plug sits just dislodged when I was plugging it back in. Now that my bike is over a year old they won't fix it. Since I have to buy a new screen at $400 I decided to take the back off and see if I could put the jack back in place. Turns out the jack into which the cadence/resistance cord plugs is soldered onto the video board and must have been loose and finally gave way. The jack was soldered in 4 points with two tiny plastic pins. When I took of the back the jack was dislodged from it's solders and the pins had broken. The solders and pins are tiny, especially when compared to the cable which appears too stiff and I can see why the whole thing got loose and snapped off. I would have Peloton check that out or replace the video screen or board before the jack dislodges. Your experience sounds exactly like mine. Now trying to see if they can sell me just the video board. Seems crazy to have to replace the whole screen and spend $400.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts