Peloton Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
The back of the monitor is held on with 4 screws on the mounting plate and then plastic clips all around the perimeter. You need a spudger or other tool that will not mar the plastic and start at a corner or short side. You gently work your spudger into the crack and then slowly push it towards the back of the monitor. The clips will pop out. One you get one put a piece of plastic in that location so it does not close up and work your way around the perimeter.

Would be interested if anyone has successfully replaced this jack. Like the picture above, the traces on ours tore away and the jack is now lost. One of the resistors also tore away. The remaining one ohms out at 5.75K. I am going to search for board mount 3.5mm 3 conductor jack and see if I can scavange a resistor from a dead piece of electronics that is close.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello
I came across your message about a faulty jack leading to the plug for the cadence and controls not working. Unfortunately I have the exact same problem with the plug not working and something rattling around in there. I was looking if you had any suggestions as there are no screws and I want to get back off and hopefully solder it all back together. Any ideas would be great, I dont want to break the backing but have no idea how to pop it off. Thanks!
See above about removing the back.

· Registered
3 Posts
This is the part if you are missing the jack.
I will try to post pics after I've replaced mine. Bad design to use the solder pads to hold the jack down. I will be using epoxy to hold it down. The required pads are the ones closet to the surface mount resistors and one or both grounds which are the pads closet to the edge of the board. If you tore the PCB traces away like the picture, you can probably solder bridge to the resistor.

Wish me luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts