Peloton Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue on and off for over a year. Would have to take the plug out and put it back in to get it to work. It finally gave out last week and the entire jack into which the plug sits just dislodged when I was plugging it back in. Now that my bike is over a year old they won't fix it. Since I have to buy a new screen at $400 I decided to take the back off and see if I could put the jack back in place. Turns out the jack into which the cadence/resistance cord plugs is soldered onto the video board and must have been loose and finally gave way. The jack was soldered in 4 points with two tiny plastic pins. When I took of the back the jack was dislodged from it's solders and the pins had broken. The solders and pins are tiny, especially when compared to the cable which appears too stiff and I can see why the whole thing got loose and snapped off. I would have Peloton check that out or replace the video screen or board before the jack dislodges. Your experience sounds exactly like mine. Now trying to see if they can sell me just the video board. Seems crazy to have to replace the whole screen and spend $400. View attachment 79
Did they replace just the video board? This has happened to mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did they replace just the video board? This has happened to mine.
If you have the data jack that came loose you can take it to a soldiering tech and they can put it back on. If you want to check to see if the data jack is the issue you can simply take the screen off the mount and then tip the screen around to see if you hear the little data jack rolling around inside the screen's case. It cost me about $58 to get the data jack soldiered instead of $400 for a full screen replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My bike is powered on and the screen is working. However the cadence, output, resistance, speed etc all show 0 - and don’t change even after I have cycled for a while.
I don’t think it’s a power problem but are thereany other solutions? Thank you!
Just got mine delivered and it did the same thing. It seems like the connection between the monitor and the flywheel were not secure. I jiggled them and tried to push them in and it started working fine

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took delivery of our Peloton. No Cadence or Output data. Our problem was the small wire originating from the right side (as you are on the bike) of the center of the wheel, which runs up to the control box, was not plugged in. The wire is protected by a plastic piece which screws into the right side of the wheel hub. It is not easy to see or noticeable when looking at the bike standing up. I had to unscrew the front cover which protects the control box and insert the connector into the bottom of the control box. The connector did not snap in very well and I believe it will come loose and fall out at some point in the future. I don't know if the installers missed this connection or it just came loose and disconnected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my bike yesterday and it’s doing the same thing. I’m very disappointed with peloton if I have to do all that just to get it to work . Especially for the price I paid for it . I’m going. To see if that fixes the problem if not ... peloton will replace my bike . Guarantee that .

We just had our bike delivered, and we are finding that the metrics work inconsistently with recorded classes. My wife took a class and everything worked fine, but then I took the exact same class (different account) and none of the metrics worked. When I switched to a different class, everything suddenly worked.

Same thing happened today with my son, where only the cadence wasn't working. Switched to a different recorded class and everything worked.

We didn't adjust cables, power-cycle, or make any other changes. It seems that the sensors simple don't connect randomly.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
My bike is powered on and the screen is working. However the cadence, output, resistance, speed etc all show 0 - and don’t change even after I have cycled for a while.
I don’t think it’s a power problem but are thereany other solutions? Thank you!
hi all. I just went through this today. I tried to do my first ride and was getting no metrics on the screen. I got through to Support and he had me first power down the monitor so that it was off. Second they unplugged the unit from the wall. Third, I held the volume up and power button together for 30 seconds to discharge any electricity in the unit. Finally, I plugged it back in and powered it back up. He asked me to look underneath the seat in the area next to the fly wheel to see if there was a red light that was on or blinking. It was not. However when I started my first class the red light started to blink and everything was working. It has worked since then.

I asked what caused this and he said it is electrical buildup in the system that prevents the monitor from correctly reading outputs. You need to discharge the electricity. If you leave it plugged in all the time it is more likely to happen. If you want to clear it you just do what I said and it will clear it out. I don’t know how often it will happen but mine has been working for the last two hours with no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all. I just went through this today. I tried to do my first ride and was getting no metrics on the screen. I got through to Support and he had me first power down the monitor so that it was off. Second they unplugged the unit from the wall. Third, I held the volume up and power button together for 30 seconds to discharge any electricity in the unit. Finally, I plugged it back in and powered it back up. He asked me to look underneath the seat in the area next to the fly wheel to see if there was a red light that was on or blinking. It was not. However when I started my first class the red light started to blink and everything was working. It has worked since then.

I asked what caused this and he said it is electrical buildup in the system that prevents the monitor from correctly reading outputs. You need to discharge the electricity. If you leave it plugged in all the time it is more likely to happen. If you want to clear it you just do what I said and it will clear it out. I don’t know how often it will happen but mine has been working for the last two hours with no issues.
This happened to us the last few days and your discharge process worked for us. Thanks! Hoping that's all it is and that it won't keep happening.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts